Code for Google Tag Manager

@iam you suggested I create a new thread to review my Google Tag Manager code since I have not had GTM success after upgrade from X Theme. This is for TobyElwin.com

I am trying to look into my pro-child functions.php code for any mistake as I get read, trigger, and setup errors.

Many thanks,

Toby

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! I have inspected the page and I can see the Google tag manager code on the page. I viewed your page source and I can see it there:

Since you are using SiteGround, could you please clear your site cache or at least disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps.

All I had with SuperCacher was Google PageSpeed. I turned that off and flushed cache.

Hi Toby,

I can see it too. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbjreqlLt4
Please try to clear browser cache too and make sure that you are not logged in on the admin area when checking. For better results of the report, the code is NOT added if you’re logged-in on the admin side of the site.

It seems the Google Tag Manager, Chrome Extension is not accurate. So, I based my code on those results. I had an expert look at it and they then sent this resource for code found outside of tag.

Google Tag Assistant is not the perfect tool to judge the GTM installation. Tag assistant may show minor errors with no effect on results and not really an error.

I then checked GTM code works through preview and debug mode to find tags are firing or not.

Thank you for effort,

Toby

Thanks for letting us know!