Cloned Demo page won't open

I cloned the Demo:Blog page on my website and the cloned page, Demo:Blog-Draft, won’t open. When trying to open it in Cornerstone, I get the following error.

The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Do you know what would cause this error? I don’t think there is a plugin conflict.

Hello @eutaw,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Rather than cloning the pages using 3rd party plugins which sometimes created issues in Cornerstone data, my recommendation would be to save the page as template in Template manager and then import the template later on.

To learn more please take a look at following resource.

Thanks.

OK, thank you…much cleaner using templates. A couple questions about templates…(1) Can templates created on this website be used for other websites? (2) Can an entire website created using Xtheme be duplicated and loaded for another Xtheme website? (3) Can a post also be saved as a template?

Hi again,

1. If the other site is using Cornerstone then the templates can be used on other sites as well.
  2. Yes you can duplicate the site and use it on another X theme site please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126
  3. Yes you can save the entire post as a template.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

You’re very welcome. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.