Client using outdated X theme, need help

I have a client that came to me about updating their site. Turns out there using an outdated version of the X theme. I want to get is going but I purchased a copy of the pro theme and in hind-site I don’t think that’s going to work. Uploading and activating the Pro theme just produces an error. Can I switch my license to X-theme instead?

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for writing in! Your client should be able to download the latest version of the X theme from ThemeForest. If the X theme is validated (you can find it out in X > Validation), then the client should have an APEX account. He can go to the APEX dashboard and be able to download the latest X theme from his dashboard as well.

If nothing is helping, kindly provide us the site URL and WP access so that we can get the license code and find out the owner of the license.

Best Regards.

The clients old designer was in charge of the license but he has been MIA for a while. No way to contact him. Ill provide the login info in the secure note so you can take a look.

Hello Nathan,

The site is still using X 4.3 with API keys that has been deprecated. I would recommend that you do the following:

• Put your site in under construction mode.
  • Go to the Appearance > Themes themes section and switch to a default WP theme.
  • Delete X theme 4.3.
  • Upload the new X theme 7.1.2
  • And then validate the X theme 7.1.2 with the license code by assign the url in your licenses page (https://theme.co/apex/licenses)

If you have a difficulty in doing this, please give us permission and we will update the theme and Cornerstone plugin for you.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

ok, however when I purchased a license i did so for PRO, not Xtheme, will that still work? If not I believe the licenses for X-Theme is less than the one for Pro, can I transfer my PRO license for an X-Theme one?

Hello Nathan,

You do not need to transfer the license to an X license. Since you have a Pro license, please deactivate the X theme and activate the Pro theme instead. All your X theme settings and X powered site will also work with Pro theme.

Hope this helps.

That worked like a charm. There was a child theme in use to I had to copy some CSS and such but it works great, thank you for your help.

You’re most welcome, Nathan.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.