Clicking Appearance Customize broken

Hi,
Clicking on Appearance > Customize to work on footer brings up X page that never loads. Although the spinning X is nice to watch, this is not helping me. Thanks!

Hello @olivekid,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Instead of using Customizer, please use Theme Options panel from X > Theme Options. I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look. https://cloudup.com/c216Tsw_4A7

Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response. For some reason, hovering over the X in the dashboard does not get me a pulldown. Clicking on the X in the dashboard brings me to a page with areas for updates, support, demo content, etc… but no “theme options”. Sorry for the newbie question.

Hi There,

That means 2 things, either your Cornerstone was not installed/activated or you have an outdated version of Cornerstone (not compatible with the version of your X)

A) To install Cornerstone, just navigate to X panel from your dashboard. Wait for a few seconds and X will automatically install the compatible version of Cornerstone for you.

B) If you have an outdated version of Cornerstone, navigate to Plugins panel from your dashboard, deactivate and delete the outdated Cornerstone. Then follow the instruction A.

You can check it here what is the latest version of X and Cornerstone.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you Friech, that worked!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.