Clean the <h1> tags from pages title

Hi!
Just try to test may page

https://mauroborgarello.com/PMA/test__seo/

on my Seo interface and see that TEST_SEO (the page title) is see as H1 tag… which is not a good things for my seo. see the result

meta objects analyses
Meta title TEST__SEO – PMA
Meta Description Alert! There is no meta description in your page
H1 analyses
Total Count 2
Response Alert! There are 2 H1 in your web page - Placeholder found
**Contents **
1 TEST__SEO
2 {H1}
H2 analyses
Total Count 1
Response Perfect! There is 1 H2 in your web page - Placeholder found
Contents
1 {H2}
Paragraph analyses
Total Count 2
Response Alert! There are 2 paragraph in your web page - Placeholder found
Contents
1 {TEXT}
2 Copyright © 2019 PMA srl Privacy Policy

How can remove this tag in all my page tigle? tnks

Hi Mauro,

I could see that you’ve alread set up a child theme.

Please follow these steps:

• Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
  • Insert the following code into that new file
<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ICON/_CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Standard <header> output for various posts.
// =============================================================================

?>

<header class="entry-header">
  <?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
  <?php else : ?>
    <h2 class="entry-title">
      <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
    </h2>
  <?php endif; ?>
  <?php x_icon_entry_meta(); ?>
  <?php if ( get_post_format() == 'quote' ) : ?>
    <p class="entry-title-sub"><?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_quote_quote', true ); ?></p>
  <?php endif; ?>
</header>
  • Save the file named as _content-post-header.php
  • Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/icon/

Let us know how it goes!

sorry no luck

btw the folder “ICON” was missing on my setup but i have made it and then inside pasted the file…

Hi Mauro,

Yes, you need to create the icon folder inside your child theme (x-child/framework/views/icon/) and then you need to place the file _content-post-header.php inside that folder.

If you’re using a caching plugin, you need to clear all caches to see your changes immediately. Please refer to the following resource (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

ok tnks. I’ll check later to see the result…

Great!
Please let us know how it goes.

no success… still have 2 H1 …

tell me where i can give the credential to check without pubblish online 4 all tnks

Hello Mauro,

On this page, https://mauroborgarello.com/PMA/test__seo/, you have two h1. You are correct. That is because the first h1 is from the default page title and the second one is the h1 you have added in the content. If you want to control your heading title by adding in the page content, you will need to disable the page title to avoid h1 duplicates. When you edit the page there is Page Settings meta box where you can disable the page title.

Please check this out:

Hope this helps.

ok sse it… but what if I need to make this option a “default” option fo ALL may new pages? is there a way to avoid manually remove the page title on Page settings?

tnks

Hey Mauro,

Regretfully, there’s no option to set default page settings. Another way to also avoid the page title display is to use a Blank page template. It’s also mentioned in the document posted by Ruenel.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.