Classic social sharing icons broken

My ‘classic social sharing’ element icons are partly broken… can anyone help please?

See the classic social sharing icons located in the very bottom dark blue band at the bottom of the page (above the pink submit your cv’ button: https://rhubarbrecruitment.com/vacancies/

thanks in advance.

Hi @incacola_matt,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked the sharing code and compared it to the latest and it’s different. Do you have any custom code in your child theme related to this? I recommend removing that custom code and let the builder the latest code.

Thanks!

could you please provide me the url’s for each of the updated icon images so that i can get the custom code links updated?
Many thanks, Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You just need to replace data-x-icon in your code with data-x-icon-b for social media icons. I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look. For more information I suggest you to take a look at following post and in FAQ section check the 4th question Why are some of my icons are appearing as an empty square?

I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

thanks for this help. One final question about this: i have built the site using them x child theme. however as you know the /vacancies page has had custom coding applied to it by the dev that helped me. Can you tell me how i can access the html code that is behind the page? Because i am only seeing the short codes or cornerstone viewing options from the dashboard>pages section of wordpress/ thanks for help in advance.

Hello @incacola_matt,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

If there was some custom code changes done by the developer and if that was added into the child theme, then you can access the same from Appearance > Editor. Here is a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

thanks! and what if the custom code was added just to the /vacancies page (rather than to the child theme itself)? thanks in advance

Inline with the article you shared at the top of this post - can you help by directing me where to change the instances of the data-x-icon attribute to include the updated -b ?? thanks

Hi,

It’s possible that the code to add the social icons to vacancies page is also in your child theme.

You need to login to ftp using an ftp client and browse through all the files in your child theme(wp-content/theme/x-child)
then replace all instances of data-x-icon to data-x-icon-b

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.