Classic Slider and SEO

The classic slider is not working properly with Yoast SEO. The response from Yoast: Unfortunately, there is not an easy answer to this question. By default, our plugin does not analyze content that is outside of the main content box of a page or post. Some visual composer developers have modified their code to add compatibility with our plugins while others have not.

If X Theme’s page builder doesn’t send their content to our page analysis or even breaks it, please reach out the developers of X Theme’s page builder and ask them about fixing the functionality to their visual builder.

Why Is This Not Included By Yoast? A while back, we tried to parse shortcodes and other plugin’s content but the outcome was a broken SEO plugin on a large number of sites. We reverted the changes and added a process for developers to parse their own content and push it into our content analysis.

Hey @robsonfinancial,

I just tested the latest version of Pro Content Builder (which is also the same as Cornerstone in X) and the latest version of Yoast SEO and contents inside the Classic Slider are recognized.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure you’re running the latest version of X, Cornerstone and Yoast SEO.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

Yes, the issue I have is it’s not seeing the rest of the content, only what’s in the slider. No change with steps 1 to 4. I am using flex box in each slide, which I suppose is custom CSS. That might be the cause but if I change the display property to block so each slide just have standard divs with custom CSS, it still doesn’t see the full page.

Hi @robsonfinancial

I’ve tested this case and I can see the focus keyword scanner is working fine to find the keyword in the “first” paragraph of the page, could you please let us know how exactly can we reproduce this issue? Perhaps sharing some screenshots or video screencast might help.

Thanks.

The first image is with the Classic Slider, the second without. In the first, it only appears to be seeing the content in the slider whereas the second, without the slider, the whole page is crawled. I don’t think it’s affecting SEO in the live site but I need a reliable tool to improve the content. I suppose the work around is to optimise with the slider and then add the slider.

Thank you for the additional details. I have replicated it on my end. Yoast SEO only scans the text contents of the Classic Slider. It does not do this if the slider only contains an image.

I believe the purpose of the Classic Slider was to display a simple image slide though. But to be sure, I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware once they go through our report. For now, try using Slider Revolution for your slider needs.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.