Classic Recent Posts added to a large number of posts from nowhere

Hi,

A strange thing has happened on a site i’m currently working on.

Posts from a particular category have all had a classic recent posts element added at the bottom of each on. It’s quite a lot of posts and I don’t really want to go through and it remove it manually.

Do you have any idea how this has happened? Is there a way to remove it quickly?

Thanks,

-Alex

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I am not sure if I understand your question properly. You mean there are lots of posts which you haven’t added?
if so your site may be hacked. If you have added the posts and you don’t want to show, only a few numbers and the recent post element retrieving large number then we can check it.

Please send us your website details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Thanks

Hi,

I added the posts.

It’s an extra element that’s been added to the posts which is weird.

I’ve added more details to the secure note.

I need a way of removing the extra recent posts element.

-alex

Hi There,

Upon checking your post, I could see that there is a More From section contains the recent posts shortcodes at the end of your post:

It shouldn’t automatically be added to your posts. Maybe the other authors have added this section?

Regards!

other authors haven’t added it.

Is there a way to mass remove it?

-Alex

Hi Alex,

That is strange, are you sure none of the authors added that section? Those recent posts are added using shortcodes inside a text element, so it seems an author added those.

If you’re certain that it’s not one of the authors, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that did not work, try switching to parent Pro theme, it might be a modification you did on the child theme is doing this.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.