Classic Image (Link Not Working)

Hi Support,

I am having a problem getting the ‘Classic Image’ element.

On the Classic Image being clicked, their is no link to another web page when using the HREF field?

The other ‘Image’ element supplied by Cornerstone works fine to link to another page.

Why is the Classic Image element not linking to another web page?

A bug maybe?

Many thanks,

Simon

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme.

Let us know how it goes!

Dear Thai,

Thank you for your response and below is my reply to your suggested steps to resolve my Classic Image (Link Not Working) question.

Steps 1 to 4 have been followed and I think my Cornerstone issue relates to Step 5.

From my own notes I have an old Javascript ‘fix’ that might be preventing the Classic Image from Linking like it should do.

The below Java Script was used to STOP a link from linking (from memory this is the Classic Image) a couple of years ago.

(function($){
$(’.x-img.x-img-link’).on(‘click touchstart touchend’, function(e){
e.preventDefault();
});
})(jQuery);

This was inserted by myself, but I CAN’T FIND THE PART OF MY WEBSITE where I enter this Javascript option.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS:

Where do I find the Javascript section to roll this Javascript back?
Do I find this Javascript section in CornerStone or WordPress?

Many thanks for your support and hopefully on my removing this script it will then link correctly.

Regards,

Simon

Hi There,

The Global JS locates under Theme Options > JS:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you Thai and you have resolved my issue.

The problem I experienced was due to an old piece of JavaScript from a couple+ years ago when I specifically asked for a “none clickable fix” to the Classic Image (element).

On removing the fix from JS it now works fine.

Thank you again!

Simon

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.