Classic Elements not working since update

Hello, I’ve created a staging site to do a major update to my client’s theme.
When I go to edit his homepage in Cornerstone the elements originally created (classic columns) are there but when I view it live they are no longer there. Another person had this situation but no answer was displayed https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/classic-elements-not-displaying-after-updtate/22048/

Please help.

I’ve actually noted that A LOT of the content is now not showing up live but is visible when editing in cornerstone, specifically on the homepage. And it seems the content that was there before I started to try to edit in Cornerstone, actually disapeered when viewing it live. HELP!

BTW, I’ve already tried disabling all plugins except cornerstone and the x-theme plugins to no avail.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, your version of X and Cornerstone is not compatible. Please do this:

On your admin dashboard navigate to Plugins panel, deactivate and delete your current Cornerstone (v1.3.3). Then navigate to X panel (wait for a few seconds)

Then navigate back to Plugins panel and you’ll see that the Cornerstone has been re-installed as version 2.1.7 (this is the version that is compatible with your current X)

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

But that is not the latest versions of X and CS though, the latest version of X is 6.0.4 and Cornerstone is 3.0.4. You can update to the latest versions if you want to.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Actually, I would advise updating to the latest version because you already have the latest version of Wordpress.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.