Classic Custom Headline Point Size

Hi guys, on the X Theme inside the Cornerstone editor, I have a headline called “Classic Custom Headline”, I cannot control the point size, the only controls that show for that headline are: Headline Level and Look Like, I change them but there is no effect. I am attaching a screenshot, please help.

Hi There,

To change the font size of your custom headlines globally, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

body .h-custom-headline {
    font-size: 24px;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi, I did it and it had no effect, Theme Options, CSS, is there any other place to place the CSS code?

Also, another item, on our iPhones, when you go to the home page you see an default template and not the actual home page, what can cause this?

Here is the url: http://www.michaelsgrossman.com/

Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) The font size is controlled by the responsive text. You can check out the responsive text, manage it by editing the page in Cornerstone and find the settings icon Settings > Responsive Text. To know more about responsive text, please check it from our knowledge base here:
https://community.theme.co/kb/shortcode-walkthrough-responsive-text/
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/responsive-text/

2.) The default templates that is displaying is because you are using a demo contents and in the demo content, there are sections that is only visible on desktops or smaller screens. These sections were shown/hidden using the “Hide During Breakpoints” option. Please edit the and make sure that all the sections are visible in all screen sizes. You may delete those default demo content sections.

Just a tip for you to easily check your page while editing in Cornerstone. You can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of all the elements in the preview area. This is also helpful especially if one of the sections or elements is not visible or hidden in selected screen size or you may have applied visibility options to a section of element.

To know more about “Hide During Breakpoints” option, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378

I still cannot change the point size of the headlines in the homepage:

Hey James,

As @RueNel has pointed out previously, you’re using Responsive Text for those headlines. You can’t control the font size with CSS because the Responsive Text script controls it. Please see the links provided previously. Also give us WP admin access in a Secure Note and we’ll show you where you need to edit the size in your setup.

Thanks.

Hi, where is the Secure Note button, it says is at the bottom of every reply? I need to send you my log info.

Hi There,

Those headlines font-size is controlled by the Responsive Text Settings

If you want to control the size of those headlines manually, please remove the CLASS resp-h applied on the headline, and add a font-size: 34px; on the STYLE field instead.

Regarding the content that shows on the mobile view, please notice your Sections, it has 2 ROWs each, first ROW is for desktop (which what you’re editing all this time), the second ROW is for mobile (which you don’t see in preview by default, unless you view your page on mobile).

To see and edit the second ROW, please preview your content in small view

This kind of setup is made possible, because of the HIDE BASED ON SCREEN WIDTH feature that was pre-applied on the ROW.

Hope this sheds some lights,
Cheers!

Hi, thank you for the response, I was able to fix the headlines based on your suggestions.
As for the mobile showing default content, we understand, that we when click on the first 2 icons on the top for desktop we see what we are editing but for mobile we see default content, so do we have to copy and populate mobile with the content for desktop?

Hi James,

Yes, that is correct. You could make the first ROW visible to all screen-width, and completely hide/remove the second ROW. The problem with that though is your section’s layout on mobile will look like these:

Notice the alignment of the text and button, and the arrangement of the image, headline, and text.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Hi, the page is showing correctly on mobile, all in one column, the problem is that is not showing the current content under the slider, please look at our capture.
The mobile home page suppose to look like this under the slider:
http://www.michaelsgrossman.com

Hi @jabedoya60,

That’s because your page has dedicated content for each device (desktop and mobile). If you intend to only display same content on desktop and mobile, then you should disable the HIDE DURING BREAKPOINTS option under Customize section once you inspect the section, rows, columns, and elements.

It’s the option to help users use different content for each device, especially if you intend display different layouts. Try inspecting each of your sections and rows and you’ll see that option :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi, I am sorry we are going in circles here, we tried to find the “Hide During Breakpoints” to disable it and we cannot find, can you send us a screnshot, anythin that can help us? We are not developers so please bear with us, is a week now that we are trying to fix this problem were the desktop mobile content under the slider does not show up on mobile. Thank you.

Hi,

It’s under Customize tab of your element.

See screenshot

Okay, found the “Hide During Breakpoints” it was un-selected, so I am guessing that selecting is disabling, I did that for the main 3 sections, they now disappeared. I don’t know what else to do, this is now a week trying to fix this and still we do not have a solution.

Hi,

I deselected the breakpoints and your sections are now showing again.

You need to check your row elements breakpoints instead of your section.

For each of your section there are two rows, one that is visible in desktop and one that is visible in mobile.

To fix this, what you need to do is replace the image and text dummies with the same text and image that is in your desktop view.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.