Classic columns

Hi. I apologize. I had to start a new thread because I got caught up in something and did not have time to run through all of the testing you asked me to do in this post, and unfortunately, I can no longer reply to the thread:

However, tried your suggestions, and the problem remains.

To reiterate:

1. I have a test site that is a clone (except the e-store) of my live site.
  2. When I update X theme and Cornerstone, all of a sudden, I cannot see the content of my classic columns in Cornerstone.
  3. You made many suggestions, and I tried them.
  4. My site is currently sitting with third party plugins deactivated, and all of the options in WP Rocket disabled.
  5. Cache is cleared.

I would very much appreciate you having a look. I don’t understand why everything works and then all I do is update those two plugins and voila it stops working. 'm not a programmer and I keep running into roadblocks. I dread updates. :frowning:

Thank you!

I will add a private message with credentials to the site…

Hello @creatorofstuff,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the test site and before making/doing any troubleshooting I cleared WP Rocket cache. After that I opened couple of pages and classic element in then seems to be working fine. I don’t see any issue. Please see screencast.

Classic element is working fine on my end. So it’s a bit difficult for me to troubleshoot as I am unable to replicate the problem. I suggest you to clear browser cache, though it’s mentioned in ticket that cache is cleared. Or may be you can try checking the website on a different computer and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for checking! I cleared browser cache as you suggested, and the problem remained. Then I switched browsers. Same thing. So then I tried the page that you tried and that one worked for me, too.

So now I’m realizing that this is only a problem on SOME classic columns.

Can you please try again but try to edit the page under ABOUT > The Sassypants Design Story? I’m wondering if you will encounter the same problem that I am seeing.

Thanks!

Hello @creatorofstuff,

I have checked the page and edited the number of columns in a few rows that you have. It is now displaying properly in Cornerstone.

Please check your site and edit the page again.

That’s great! Yes, you fixed it!

I have not tried all of the other pages in the site, so I don’t know if that was the only page with a problem, but how did you do it? I am afraid to update the live site for fear the same thing will happen to it. It would be great to know how to fix it.

I’m so happy. Thank you so much!

Hello @creatorofstuff,

I have edited the page back in Cornerstone. I turned on the skeleton mode and the check the number of column set up. I click the row and in the row settings, I corrected the row column setup.

Sometimes it displays weird like there 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 +1/1 even if you only have one column. The column must be corrected.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. That is VERY helpful! :grin:

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.