Classic Accordion Not Working after 6.3.3 Update

Hi guys,

I have Classic Accordion elements on my website. I updated to X 6.3.3 and Cornerstone 3.3.3 today. Immediately following these updates I went to edit my website via Cornerstone only to find that my Accordions were no longer visible and had been replaced with a simple “Classic Column 1” element with the text

“This element could not render due to invalid template markup. This could be due to changes introduced by a third party plugin. The front end of your site should still function normally”.

The front end of my site does still show the Accordions as they were but I now have no ability to edit them or even see them in the Cornerstone Builder.

I have searched the forums and found the following two threads:

1. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/error-when-using-cornerstone/44949
  2. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-cannot-render-in-global-blocks/44681

I tried all of your suggested fixes in those two posts but it has not helped (I couldn’t work out how to do the htaccess-bak one). I could not find an answer on Google and am not sure where else to look. Even the Accordions that form part of the template Expanded Gym theme have ceased to exist too.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

We have just release another version which includes some fixes.

Kindly update your theme and cornerstone to

X 6.3.4, Cornerstone 3.3.4

Remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If this does not help, kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

The Accordions now work but after the latest update all of my counters, skill bars, and Creative CTA elements do not render in the Cornerstone builder. Additionally, the Rev Slider section and associated image on my “Home” page and a simple introduction section with a parallax image on my “Contact Us” page do not render in the Cornerstone builder. However, they do show up fine on the front end.

This makes it very difficult to edit these sections as I cannot see changes in real time. I have cleared all caches prior to each update.

I will send you my wordpress admin login via Secure Note below so you can take a look.

Many thanks,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for sharing the login credentials. I exported a template from your site and pulled it into my development environment. I was able to fix the issue preventing the animations from working. I’ve installed a patched version on your site. When the official release is available later today you will be able to update safely.

When a Revolution Slider is added as a Content Builder element it won’t actually display a preview. This is intentionally disabled. Because of how complexities in Revolution Slider it’s not always possible to accurately display the element so for consistency we stopped previewing it altogether. There used to be messaging to let you know about this so I will look into why that isn’t displayed anymore.

Thanks so much Alexander!

My Home page is working perfectly now.

One last thing, the parallaxed background image on my “Contact Us” page is still not rendering in Content Builder.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I’ve installed one more patched version (still safe to update whenever the next release is available). Take a look and you should see that issue corrected.

Thanks Alexander - you’re a Champion!

Glad we could help, you can check the Release Notes here.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.