Chrome Compatibility issue

On Chrome version 69.0.3497.100 our footer doesn’t format correctly. Our social icons overlay onto the privacy policy link.

Hello @graphics,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions and let us know the output.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case problem is still there, please share website URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Everything is up to date and there is no plugin conflict that was found.

Hi There,

I could see that you’ve hidden the social icon bar on mobile screen sizes:

Please change it under Customize tab:

Let us know how it goes!

I’m confused as to how that will fix my issue of the social icons being on top of the privacy policy links in the footer.

Hello @graphics,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I am sorry for the confusion. Can you please confirm or share the URL? I tried checking the 3 urls that listed on your licence manager (one among three is not working) but don’t see the issue you are reporting about social icons. have you resolved the issue?

If not please share the URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I’ve attached a URL below in a secure note.

Hello @graphics,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Please change the margin-top values of container that’s holding Copyright text from 7px to 45px.

Thanks.

Why does this not have the spacing issue on Firefox when the margin-top value is still 7? If I just change it to 45px it will make the gap on Firefox a lot bigger.

Hello There,

Please temporarily disable WordFence so that we can investigate the issue further.

You may include your WP credentials as well. It would be nice if we can check all your settings.

Thank you.

If you provide me with an IP address I can whitelist it. For security reasons, we don’t want to disable Wordfence.

Hi There @graphics

Our staff is based on different countries working around the clock, so it’s not possible provide a particular IP and also the IP addresses are dynamically assigning by ISPs.

If there’s a way to whitelist for a country, try allowing it for Philippines as there are most support staff will be available from that country.

Thanks for understanding.

This has been updated.

Hi,

Please set the top padding of the first container to zero.

Then to add space, add the padding to your bar element instead.

If this does not help, please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

replied with a secure note.

Hi There,

I’ve removed the padding of containers then the social icons and footer menu items look good now:

Could you please check again?

Thank you.

It worked on some pages, can you please apply that fix to that section of all footers?

Thank you.

Hi,

I went ahead and made these changes

1. Remove padding -top on your container. I set this to zero.

1. Set bar height to auto and added padding

Kindly check in your end.

https://www.smartcatrfid.com/thank-you-rebel-web/

Thanks

That worked, thank you!

You’re welcome.