Child theme when site is already in the make

Hello

I already started building my site but when do i need a child theme? and if i need it, can i make one without losing my site that i’ve made now?

greetings

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you’re planning to add customizations to your site by modifying theme template files directly or if you need to add customizations through functions.php file using WordPress filters or hooks, we recommend you to setup a child theme as mentioned on our guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Child theme will keep your modifications separately, so that you can update your parent theme and it will not override your customizations in the child theme.

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

are all the changes that i’ve made already being deleted when i setup a child theme? (new to website developping, i’m sorry)

HI there,

Your current site should not be affected when you install and activate the child theme of the current active theme but please make sure to keep a backup of your site before doing anything in case you will need it.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.