Child theme problem after update PRO

Hi,

My website https://tarekrabaa.com is experiencing a problem after updating the PRO theme. I cannot add new post or edit existing posts or page in classic word press editor.
The Child theme was kept the same since it has plenty of customizations. After verifying with siteground support, they informed me about a problem in the Child theme.
When I switch to PRO theme, everything is normal again. What is missing in the it is said Chld theme?

Plz help

Hi Tarek,

If you have converted X to Pro and a child theme is active on your site, you will have to update the style.css.

If you are still getting an issue, try getting the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi,

I checked and there is not much customization. there are two files and some code in functions.php.

You need to find out what is it in your child theme that causing the issue.

Try to remove the custom codes in your functions.php then check if that resolves the issue.
If not try removing the files.

Regretfully, this is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself.

Thank you for your understanding.

I solved it.
This code was causing the problem.
function add_defer_to_cf7( $url )
{
//If not js file OR js file with ‘particles.js’ OR ‘jquery.js’ name string, then no need to apply defer
if(FALSE === strpos( $url, ‘.js’) || ((strpos( $url, ‘particles.js’) > 0) || (strpos($url, ‘jquery.js’) > 0))){
return $url;
}
else{
//set defer for .js files
return “$url’ defer='defer”;
}
}

Can I exclude the Wp-admin from it?

Glad you’ve figured it out but I’m sorry but we can’t disable that code in the admin.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.