Child theme on X Pro

Hi,

My site got theme X with child theme. And I want to change it to X Pro with child theme.

Can I just change the theme from child theme X to X Pro child theme, or do I need to do something beforehand to get it right? As I got a bit of CSS code on the site.

Thanks!

/Sandra

Hi Sandra,

You’ll need to rename the “template” part in your style.css from “x” to “pro”.

Everything should work correctly, depending on what changes you have made, you made need to update some class/selectors to correctly target your CSS.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve changed to PRO child theme now and it seems to work for the site.

BUT when I’m in EDIT WITH PRO a lot is not showing as you can see on this image below:

What do I need to do to get it to show in the “Builder”?

Thanks
/Sandra

Hi @Sandie,

It should be working properly upon the installation of pro. Converting guide below:

If still your pro is not working properly, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set it as secure note.

Thanks.

Well I think I’ve done that:

So maybe you need to look into it?

Thanks!

/Sandra

Hi Sandra,

See the following error:

The svg files for those icons is not loaded. Please check WP Rocket CDN settings.

Ok, can you guide me HOW to do that?

This is what I see under the WP Rocket CDN settings:

Thanks!

Best Regards
/Sandra

Hi Sandra,

See this link for the nature and details of the issue: https://github.com/jonathantneal/svg4everybody/issues/16

To resolve this, you’ll need to disable Cloudflare when the builder is in use. This won’t effect front end performance at all. Please check this guide: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

If you’re still having issues editing a page, you may need to login to Cloudflare again and purge the cache.

Hi,

But I don’t have Cloudflare, so I don’t understand your reply.

Thanks!

/Sandra

Hi Sandra,

This is possibly a security issue, you either need to bypass the .svg files so that those files are requested at your main domain or allow your CDN to serve those type (SVG) of files.

I can’t confirm if you have that options on your CDN settings though, as the credentials you provided above does not work.

In any case please contact your CDN support on how you can apply those settings effectively.

Also as this happen after you edit your child theme, please clear/purge all your caches just to make sure your site is serving the updated files.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.