Child theme not working

Dear Support,

Could you please help to check why my child theme is not working? I have installed the Pro child theme and make it active. For example, I modify the Pro main theme wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global_header.php and I can see the change. However, when I copy the changed file to wp-content\themes\pro-child\framework\lagacy\cranium\headers\views\global_header.php, I can’t see any change. I have clear the cache but still the same.

I will send the FTP and Wordpress admin login in Secure Note.

Cheers,
Ken

Hey,

Ensure that you followed these steps: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57

Hi John,

I have already installed and activated the child theme 2 weeks ago. If you login to the admin you can see it in the themes section

Cheers,
Ken

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Could you please confirm that you place the _header.php file in this location,
wp-content\themes\pro-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\header.php ?

Please let us know how it goes.

Yes I confirm. Sorry that in the first message I had a typo.

I mean wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global_header.php and wp-content\themes\pro-child\framework\lagacy\cranium\headers\views\global_header.php.

I put the file there but no changed was seen.

I have already written down the login info in the secure note.

Hi There,

I did check via FTP and found out the folder legacy is wrong. You have lagacy.
Make sure that folder names is correct. Rename the folder lagacy to legacy. Then make sure to clear cache and then check again.

Let us know how this goes.

Hi Lely,

Thanks for the checking. I have fixed the typo of the path but still can’t see the change in the _header.php file. I have double checked that there is no spelling mistake in the path.

Is there any quick check on the problem?

Cheers,
Ken

Hi There,

Upon checking the folder path, I did not see any files (https://snag.gy/3lUWHY.jpg). If you could mention what change that you require, we can assist you further.

Thanks!

Thanks for the checking. I finally found that the child theme is ok and it is because I am using header builder to show the header so it overrided my change in the _header.php. The case is closed for now and really thanks for the suggestions.

@kanken

Glad you were able to sort it out :slight_smile: