Child theme installs plugins for the second time

Hi there,

I couldn’t find anything on the topic, or maybe I was just unable to formulate it properly. Let me try to explain my issue.
I had X theme, Ethos stack. And when I went in X dashboard and installed a bunch of plugins, they all appeared with ‘x-’ in front of them. And that was cool and well arranged.
Then I needed a child theme to change the appearance of portfolio page and remove skills and turn them to normal tags.
After I installed X-child for ethos stack, it is working fine, however X now shows that my plugins are not installed and upon clicking install it installs the plugin a second time (this time there’s no ‘x-’ in front of them). I don’t want to have the doubled plugins, plus Slider Revolution is now flashing red for not being activated.
Can you please look into that? I am not sure if I should install plugins from the main theme and then disregard them appearing as not installed in x-child dashboard, or I should install plugins from within the child theme??

Thanks!
Dobri

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in. We recently release version 2.0 of our extensions (now at 2.0.2), this has changed the folder name and re-branded each extension, so they need to be installed again on X > Overview > Extensions or Pro > Overview > Extensions. And you can then remove the old one (with x - prefix).

When the you activates the plugin, the data from the old one is converted to the new one, keeping the old data intact on wp-options.

Read more about this extensions update on our changelog page.

And you can refer here for the latest versions of the each extensions.

Do you mean the Revolution Slider “Not Activated” notice? That’s fine, your RS is bundle with the theme we do provide the updates.

Just remember third party plugins (yes including RS) are updated after they have been tested and are compatible with both X and Pro and other extensions that are included. We don’t always release small incremental updates that have no impact.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot, Friech!

To be honest, I didn’t read the changelog after the update, but I am not sure anybody reads those :slight_smile:
Will try to keep up with changes in the future!
But thanks, that was a life saver :slight_smile:

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile: