Child theme disappeared

Hi! I installed the child theme on my website sometime last year and I noticed a few months ago that I’m no longer on a child theme when I never did anything like that myself. Can you please help me with this, I’m concerned about installing it again and for the same thing to happen. Do you know how this can happen?

Hi There @Nadjejda ,

Thanks for writing in! Child theme is similar to other themes on your site, so it should be there unless you delete it. Try head over to Appearance -> Themes section and see if you can activate it again.

If not, try connecting to your server through FTP and see if you can locate your child theme under the following location (/wp-content/themes/x-child/). You may try contacting your hosting provider to see what happened to your child theme, as they have full access to your log files.

It could be that your child theme is corrupted. If so, you can re-install it again by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @mldarshana,

Thanks for sharing this! I didn’t delete it. I’ll follow your suggestions thanks again!

Best,
Nadjejda

You’re welcome, Nadjejda.

So I want to the appearance section and child theme is active so is it normal that each time there is an update I’m asked to consider switching to child theme? I’m asking this because this is why I thought I no longer had a child theme.

Hello There,

When you are using a child theme, every time there is a theme update, it will not ask you to switch anything. The theme update should be done without switching any theme replacing the child theme. Unless other wise there is a plugin or something that automatically switches the theme. Did you noticed anything unusual other than this issue?

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.