Child Theme contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files

Multiple outdated errors within my Childs theme and woo commerce and no clue how to fix this. Can anyone help? Thanks

Templates

Archive Template: Your theme has a woocommerce.php file
you will not be able to override the woocommerce/archive-product.php custom template since woocommerce.php has priority over archive-product.php. This is intended to prevent display issues.

Overrides: x/woocommerce/cart/cross-sells.php
x/woocommerce/loop/loop-end.php
x/woocommerce/loop/loop-start.php version 2.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.3.0
x/woocommerce/loop/pagination.php version 2.2.2 is out of date. The core version is 3.3.0
x/woocommerce/notices/error.php version 1.6.4 is out of date. The core version is 3.3.0
x/woocommerce/notices/notice.php
x/woocommerce/notices/success.php version 1.6.4 is out of date. The core version is 3.3.0
x/woocommerce/single-product/related.php
x/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/tabs.php
x/woocommerce/single-product/up-sells.php
x/woocommerce/single-product-reviews.php

Hi There,

Our theme is not compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce plugin yet:

Please downgrade the WooCommerce plugin to the version 3.2.3: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/woocommerce.3.2.3.zip.

Thanks.

Sp after I download this downgrade file. I know I am supposed to go to some ftp site and change some stuff, but this stuff is over my head. I don’t know how to do updates or downgrades like this. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Please connect to your FTP account then rename this directory /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/ to /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce.disabled/.

Then update the 3.2.3 version to this directory: /wp-content/plugins/.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Will my store still be intact after I do this? And when you say: Then update the 3.2.3 version to this directory: /wp-content/plugins/. Where do I do this update at? On the actual site or at the FTP account? Thanks so far.

Hi there,

As the information of the products and the settings are added to the database you should not have a problem. But it is important to have a complete backup of your website before doing so.

But please consider that unless we do not have the official support for the Woocommerce latest version, I checked the case and I do not get the error you are talking about. So the theme actually should work with the latest version.

I suspect the problem is originated from your Child Theme as you described and not the theme itself. You can test the case by changing the theme from Child to Parent and see if you see the error.

If not then do not proceed with the downgrading of the Woocommerce and check the files of your Child Theme that overrides the Woocommerce related stuff. You will need to replace the files with the original Woocommerce ones and do the customization again for those files.

Thank you for your understanding.

When do you guys plan to support the latest version of Woocommerce?

Hello There,

A new theme release update is underway. We are already in a beta testing phase. Once we are out of beta, it will be available in automatic updates soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Same problem here. No update yet…!!!

1 Like

Hi There,

The next update will most likely happen in around 2 weeks.

We do not recommend updating WooCommerce yet as the latest version is not listed as compatible according to our version compatibility list:

We recommend downgrading as suggested for the moment or ignore the outdate files message.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.