Child theme & Comment Section

Hi there,

I am writing because I am almost finished with the website I am making for my client. Now just shortly before the end I was about to put a comment section into just one page of this website. But the layout of that page is “blank without container - with header and footer”. Therefore the comment section does not appear.
I know I’ve to edit it on the child theme and I guess I could kinda do it now. But I am just too scared of doing it now and messing up all the work I did.

That’s why I am asking if you could explain me how to do a backup and safely install the child theme without messing up my work I did in the last month?
Also I’d like to know which specific code I need to put in the php file to get a comment section on this page:
www.vallesol.com.uy/reviews

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Hey,

To back up your site safely, check this article: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/7-best-wordpress-backup-plugins-compared-pros-and-cons/ and I checked your site and the comment area is appearing normally in the above link page.

Hey @Hof-Rohlfing,

I checked your reviews page and there is a comment in it because your using the Fullwidth template and that is the correct setup. The Comment section is not supported in Blank templates and custom development is required to do that.

Regarding backing up, please see this article.

For setting up a child theme, please our article.

We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.