Changing the order of elements in the footer colophon

Hi there used to be a simple file to edit slightly to quickly change the order of elements in the footer.

What happened to it?

How do I change the order of the elements in the footer using the plain X theme?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

At the moment, we do not have any idea of what stack you are using. Can you provide us the url of your site so that we can give you a step by step instruction on how you can proceed with your customization?

Best Regards.

I just want to know the name of the file that I should edit to change the order of the footer elements, can’t you at least tell me that?

And that KB article was a total fail, because it didn’t EXPLAIN anything, it just ran through it without explaining what it does.

Hi There,

You can find the footer files at :

x\framework\legacy\cranium\footers\views\STACK YOU ARE USING\wp-footer.php

Hope it helps

if that is where the legacy footers are, where are the regular footers?

Hi there,

The Regular footers are the legacy footers. There is a new Header/Footer builder which is used in pro theme. That is why this folder naming is used to set them a part. X headers and footers do sit in the legacy folder.

Thank you.

*sigh. more pro nightmares.

Hi There,

Seems you have solved the issue.

Thank you