Changing the email share icon's email content

Hi - I have a very specific but hopefully quite simple request. The share buttons are a great addition - but I’ve found that the content of the shared email reads “Hey! Thought you might enjoy this!” My content is of a more sensitive nature, so would like to change it to something like “Hi - thought you might find this useful”. How can I achieve that?
Thanks
Will

Hello Will,

Thanks for writing in!

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

Quick Tip: After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Change Email subject to something else
// =============================================================================
function change_email_subject($translated) { 
  $translated = str_ireplace('Hey, thought you might enjoy this! Check it out when you have a chance:', 'Hi - thought you might find this useful! Check it out when you have a chance:', $translated);
  return $translated; 
}
add_filter('gettext', 'change_email_subject' );
// =============================================================================

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thank you so much! It works perfectly. Its an incredible theme - I love how SO MANY little details have been taken care of. Where normally I’d find an irritating limitation - here there is always a fix. Cornerstone is fantastic.

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.