Changing License URL, won't validate at new url (staging)

Changed the Staging and Production url in license manager. Verified it is X license ( I have some pro licenses in there also). Pasting the Themeforest purchase code in wordpress admin gives me “Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.”.

Doing this on local staging machine, which is not reachable to outside, as current production site is not using X. Wouldn’t think that would affect it.

Other info that may be valid. Installed X version is 4.6.4 ( started on a LONG time ago and the project got put on hold ). Was registered license at some point but don’t know which one.

Client is ready to go now and so trying to just run update on the old project and use an existing license that is no longer in use. Wordpress update worked surprisingly, but can’t get X to update because validation is failing.

Ideas?

Hi @stellarbydesign,

It could be the older version of X. Could you please try manually updating your X theme & Cornerstone plugin?

Let us know how it goes!

Doesn’t seem to work. Activating gives me a blank button on hitting enter.

If I hard refresh that admin page I get this

Cleared browser cookies/cache. There are no WP cache plugins installed. Have tried both file replacement of entire X directory in themes and also uploading new zipped x theme via the admin. Same results. If I place the old version X directory back in themes, admin looks correct again, but validation still not working

Hi There @stellarbydesign

By looking at your screenshot, usually that screen comes when your X theme is corrupted. One thing you can do is, to delete your X theme and re-install it again. Also you need to install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin as well, before validating your site.

To get the latest version of Cornerstone, first you need to delete the existing Cornerstone plugin. Then head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to automatically install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin.

Once you install the latest version of X theme and Cornerstone plugins (see version information from here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195), then try to validate your site again.

In case if you’re still having issues, please follow our troubleshooting guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201).

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.