Changing header google chrome

I have used this code but it changes the letters of the domain and i wish to achieve something like that where the domain letters does not change their color . It works on smartphones. RIght now my header is clear blue but i wish to maintain the white fonts of the domain like the example thanks

Hello @Borislav.VD,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

First, you need to setup your child theme. Here’s an article to help you:

Then add the following code into the functions.php in your child theme:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'x_insert_header_scripts' );
function x_insert_header_scripts(){
	?>
	<meta name="theme-color" content="#02AED7">
	<?php
}

You can change #02AED7 to any color of your needs. You may use a color picker such as, https://goo.gl/oxRtPa to help you get a color in your website.

Hope this helps.

Sure i have used the same code but the problem is that the name of the domain appears in black + any color . And the example that i have provided to you change the font of the domain from black to white somewhow+ any color . My choosen color is a clear blue and i would like to use a white font for the domain . How could be achieved ? Thanks kind regards

Hello there,

Sorry to say but HTML’s meta tag element is only limited to changing the background color, font-size, background images and some conditional statements. Sample snippets can be found here: https://buildthemes.tumblr.com/ch3/customization

I’ve just updated the code above for your usage:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'x_insert_header_scripts' );
function x_insert_header_scripts(){
	?>
	$color = "#02AED7";
	//this is for Chrome, Firefox OS, Opera and Vivaldi
	echo '<meta name="theme-color" content="'.$color.'">';
	//Windows Phone **
	echo '<meta name="msapplication-navbutton-color" content="'.$color.'">';
	// iOS Safari
	echo '<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">';
	echo '<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent">';
	<?php
}

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.