Changing Font Size

Hey there,

I have tried changing the font size in the “Typography” section in the customizer and I am not having any luck with it. How can I get the font to be a bigger size in the topbar, footer, and the “paragraph” copy.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, the previous version of X and Pro has a bug on Typography > Font Manager like what you have describe, but that had been fixed on the latest version, so make sure that your X and Cornerstone or Pro is up to date. You can refer here for the latest versions.

I assume the “paragraph copy” is a content, so you can resize that from Theme Options > Typography > Content Font Size

Topbar content can be resize with this:

.x-topbar .p-info {
	font-size: 18px;
}

And footer content can be resize with this:

.x-colophon-content {
	font-size: 18px;
}

Place it on the Theme Options > CSS

Cheers!

Ok thank you so much!

You are most welcome!

Hey actually, I just got around to changing the content font size and it won’t change, or maybe I’m doing it wrong not sure. Can you check it out? The topbar font change worked though.

Hi again,

I tried to login the but the given credentials don’t work. To change the body content font size navigate to Appearance > Customize > Typography > BODY AND CONTENT and adjust the value in Content Font Size field

Hope this helps!

I am using the latest release of X and the problem seem to persist.

I have set the root font size to be 16px. It doesn’t matter what value I enter in the Content font size, the output size is always 1rem.

This does not have any affect. Could you please verify this update is included in the latest release (Version 5.2.0)?

Howdy, @dshakya!

If you could please provide us with a URL so we can see things personally, we’ll need that to look into anything. The font sizing system is working as expected in my local environment, but we are happy to look into your setup as long as we have something to work with.

Cheers!

HI @kory,

I ran another test and if you set the content font size from Customize>Typography tab, it responds but if you set it using X>Launch>Options>Typography, then it does not respond to it.

Howdy, @dshakya!

Thanks for letting us know of this finding, I can confirm this is happening for me locally as well. This has been noted and we will work to resolve this in a coming release (not sure if it will be this immediate one, but we will certainly have it looked into soon). For now, you can at the very least continue to make adjustments in the Customizer for this particular setting to get it how you need.

Cheers!

Thanks @kory,

Yep, it is workable for now and looking forward to the fix in future release. Thanks for looking after this issue.

You’re welcome and play stay tuned from the updates :slight_smile: