Changing font settings

Hello Leslie,

Thanks for writing in!

The Typography settings for the body and content can be found in X > Theme Options > Typography. Please also check whether the font manager is enabled or not. For more details about the font manager, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/font-manager/101/1,

The logo font can be changed in X > Theme Options > Header > Logo - Text.

Please be advised that Cornerstone is a page builder. When you use Cornerstone to create your page or post contents, you will have more options to control the elements and its styles to display in the content.

To get started with Cornerstone, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-introduction/118/1

Hope this helps.

This doesn’t help. I have changed fonts in the font-manager and it is all just times roman when I’ve saved the changes. I can only access the font manager from inside the theme options. I click on the gear icon for settings in the typography area. I change the fonts, and save but it doesn’t work. I also don’t have access to changing colors? The page is not accurate about showing access to fonts in the dashboard?

Hello Leslie,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks!

Just to warn you - you may get warnings about the site. It was hacked, now it is clean and under review by Google.

Thanks!

Hello Leslie,

I was able to logged in and I can confirm the issue. I would suggest that you removed the Blody Copy and Headings from your font manager. Create another font in the font manager and apply it to your theme options settings instead.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I still can’t change the fonts from the theme settings, I also don’t see options to change colors of body, header, link type?

Hi Leslie,

I tried changing the body font and it seems to works.
I set it to Font3 which is Helvetica.

I tried changing the links color and it works as well.

Thanks for doing this! Yes, much better. So it looks like I need to work with cornerstone to get the full set of font management? Can I temporarily just add css to the style sheet? I want to change the color of the body fonts. What code did you look at for your changes?

Why doesn’t it work when I change the font to the name of the font in font management? I also noticed that I need to disable the A2 optimized plug-in to show the X panel.

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for writing in! You can also add CSS rules into your Cornerstone -> CSS area. Please provide us with the CSS rule that you have tried.

Also A2 Optimized plugin is a caching system on your site. You need to clear cache when ever you make an edit, so that it will display the updated content. We recommend to disable any caching plugin, while you’re developing the site.

Hope that helps.

I will give it a try. I can’t find the area where you found site links?..under theme customizations. Where is this?
aaaah…your sliding bar on the side is very difficult to find and grab onto. I found the settings.

If I want to change fonts…what code would I use. I would love to change title fonts.

Leslie

Hey Leslie,

If you want to change the title fonts or heading fonts, please go to the font manager and create another another. Go to the X > Theme Options > Typography > Headings and apply the font you just created.

Hope this helps.

I can’t specify fonts…only inherit and the font 3 you added. How do you add a change in H settings? I can change it in code?

Leslie

Hello Leslie,

Find the gear icon to launch the preferences where you can find the Font manager.

I have created one for you that would serve as an example. And when you go back to the Typography, you should be able to change and assign the newly created font.

Hope this helps.

I tried changing the font, but it is not changing. It originally changed to Lato? Also, the letter spacing is way too tight and I tried changing this on all the H fonts, but it didn’t affect the font. Can I change all this in code?

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

I have created a private test page and tested your newly created HeadingFont and I see that it’s rendering properly.

Basically once you create a custom font, you need to apply them as well into your headline element.

Please check the secure note for the test page.

Thanks!

I am referring to the titles on the page…those are too tight - Also the font is not rendering correctly. It is supposed to be Playfair display. It is not rendering this way.

Hi,

The login url no longer works.

You can change the font and letter spacing of your page title under Theme Options > Typography > Headings

or you can try adding this in Theme Options > CSS

.h-landmark, .entry-title.h-landmark {
        letter-spacing: 1em;
        font-family: "Playfair Display",serif;
}

Hope that helps.

I ended up adding this code:

.h-landmark, .entry-title.h-landmark {
letter-spacing: 0em;
font-family: “Lato”,;
}

At least the letter spacing is decent, and I deleted serif - when I deleted the comma, then it went back to times roman-what word should I put in its place? The other H’s were stuck on a font that I don’t know what it is - it is not lato. So now the site is all consistent. It looks fine. Let me know if I need to work in Cornerstone, and is this why I have no control in the customization with typography?

Thanks!

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

You’re not using the Cornerstone builder, so you would not fully utilize the Color Manager and Font Manager.

Please navigate to Theme Options > Typography and turn OFF the FONT MANAGER then reconfigure your BODY FONT, BODY FONT COLOR, HEADINGS FONT, and HEADINGS FONT COLOR

Typography

And then clear your A2 Optimized WP plugin and W3 Total Cache plugin.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.