Changes made in Cornerstone are not being published

I’m having a strange issue where Cornerstone appears to be working correctly, but no changes I make are shown when I view the site. I am able to add/remove/edit elements in Cornerstone and can save successfully. Clearing browser cache does nothing. Deactivating plugins one at a time does nothing. I’m not sure how to proceed…

Cornerstone: ver 2.1.7
Wordpress: ver 4.9
X-theme: ver 5.2.5 (stack: Ethos)

Hello @gbatstone,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Would you mind trying these general solutions.

1. Ensure you are fully up to date. See our changelog.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant.

Thanks for the prompt reply. A few answers for you:

1. X-theme, Cornerstone, and Wordpress are all up to date.
  2. Caches are cleared. No success.
  3. I’m not using a CDN
  4. I have deactivated plugins to find a conflict. No success.
  5. I’m using minimal custom CSS (e.g. breakpoint resizing, colour changes, etc.). Almost all custom CSS has been included via Cornerstone’s built in text editor.
  6. I reset the .htaccess file on your recommendation. No success.
  7. I modified the wp-config file in that exact way about a week ago based on another forum post. No success.

I’ll send along FTP access and Admin access via secure note. Any support you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi There,

It seems that you have forgotten to include your site URL. Could you please include that as well, so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

Ha! My apologies. I’ve updated the secure note with my site’s URL.

Hi There,

Did you change WordPress login credentials. I’m getting the following error when logging (secure note).

Could you please confirm ?

Thanks!

No. The login credentials haven’t been changed. Strange… I’ve generated a new password and have updated the secure note.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, may we know how did you set up your child theme? That does not look like a child theme to me, that is an outdated parent x theme (4.6.4).

Would you mind switching to your other X Theme, the 5.2.5 version and see if that resolves the issue.

How To Setup Child Themes

Also, the X – Custom 404 and X – Smooth Scroll you have are outdated, would you mind deactivating and delete it, and then re-install it under X > Overview > Extensions (on latest X version).

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Very much appreciated. Problem solved.

To those stumbling on this thread: the issue was this I hadn’t set up my child theme properly when I began working on the site. Activating the updated theme did the trick.

Thanks Apex staff!

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.