Changes in X(pro) and Cornerstone

I started to work with pro again after a few weeks pause. I am on fast servers but the editor is loading extremely slow! i have to wait at least a minute until the edit page shows up. opening the header editor is even worse. opening it feels like an eternity. that is a major problem and i asked already a couple of times if you work on making that faster but never received a reply :frowning:

also the new layout -> section design is so minimal it makes work more complicated. why can’t i keep all the section open? or even better why don’t they just start open. now i have to open them everytime. do you optimise the backend for iphone screens?

thanks again! kai

Hi Kai,

Sorry about my last reply.

We appreciate your feedback.

If you are part of our Facebook Group X Pro Theme Users which has 12k users you probably noticed how close to the Kyle (Themeco CEO) works directly with the public among other our developers, Rubin, Jack, Alex, and Kory.

Every request you made here in the forum we also pass to them so they can discuss the present and future of X and PRO. As an example, as soon a they latest versions were released people complaint about the size of the text box. We understood the message from the users and our developers implemented right away the expandable text box to satisfy the issue that was raised.

That said, The Header Builder and PRO Header loads in a reasonable time in my different installations (different servers and local installation) so if you would like us to take a closer look, please provide your login credentials in a secure note.

Regarding the fact of the sections being so minimal, if you could provide a mockup to clarify what is bothering you we could forward to our devs so they can take in consideration. Naming each section individual helps and having they closed avoid scrolling, but that I agree with you comes to personal preference.

Pro Builder and Cornerstone are not designed to be used on iPhone or touch devices.

Thank you

dear joao,
thanks for your reply!
i am not in the facebook group. i try to avoid facebook whenever i can. i am happy that you also have your own forum!!!
actually i wonder that you also maintain a facebook group. did you not just redo these forums here with big effort? now i have 2 forums here and a fb-group to post my questions. that does not sound easy. but that only by the way :wink:
for now i will send you my credentials in a secure note - if i can find where that is. maybe after i send this note? right now there is no option for that. only in older notes.
thanks for looking into it. i think the servers are nice and fast. i use the latest version of chrome on mac.
best regards, kai

this morning it loaded within 68 seconds. i have a fast internetconnection and put this in my wp-confiq file:
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
that is by far to long a loading time!

here is a screenshot of the new section selectors. they drive my crazy. first they are collapsed by default and then i can only open one at a time while the other collapsed automatically. it must say i get really annoyed by x and pro lately. such might be details but to me very important for an easy daily workflow!

something else which drives me nuts is the bottom edit bar in the headers/footer editor. it is so wide that horizontal scrolling has to be used all the time. and doing this with the apple magic mouse is almost impossible without being thrown out of the editor back to the layout section. then i have to go back into one of the containers and start from the beginning. the scrollbar is so tiny that i can’t properly click and drag it as an alternative for scrolling. are you aware of these problems? it’s all about ui design for users i think.

when i select a row in the left layout editor it is not being highlighted on the page. so now i must guess what i selected?
you might notice that i am pretty upset by now. it feels like a beta version and i am not willing to do a beta test. did those a lot in my life and liked it. but now i have to earn my rent and stuff…
also the support takes noticeably longer compared to the older forums. something which you wanted to improve on with the new forums.

more is coming. font frustration. do you want me to open a new thread for every topic?

Hi there,

The facebook group is not managed by us, and we don’t provide support there. It’s mostly community contributions.

About the text editor, please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/the-new-cornerstone-full-screen-mode/13227

About the loading speed, it loads fine and fast on my end but I do confirm that the requests are slow. There are many contributing factors including the security that scan and blocks request. I disabled the plugins and it’s the same, it still so slow even with an empty page.

Then while testing, your site became unavailable with the error ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I suggest moving your site to another host just for testing, this seems like performance and security issues.

And about the sections toggles, yes, it’s the new standard and to prevent too long sidebar, but I can add your request to our issue tracker. And about the header and footer inspector, it’s made that way and mostly for advanced options and customization compared to standard header and footers. And since there are many options to use, then it’s unavoidable and it’s part of UI library that is being used but I understand that it’s a bit confusing for average users. I’ll forward that too.

About this, would you mind providing a video recording?

when i select a row in the left layout editor it is not being highlighted on the page. so now i must guess what i selected?

The old forum was at the right time when there are few issues and features too, hence, responses are much faster. Please note that response time depends on the ticket ahead of yours and its complexity.

Thanks!

hi @Rad,
thanks for your reply!
good to know that i don’t have to use the fb group. it hurts my eyes :wink:
why did you give this link regarding the text editor? how does it refer to my questions?
i never hat a connection time out on that server. it runs really fast and stable. try installing or updating a plugin. really fast!
i really would like to know or find out why cornerstone is especially slow (it is also always too slow on other installations i have) on this installation. what else can i test or ask my provider? php versions? memory limits?
it would be nice if the toggles would at least stay all! open.
header and footer editors could have a wider horizontal scrollbar at the bottom and play nicer with apples magic mouse when scrolling sideways. something is going wrong there.
this problem was there from the very beginning and just puzzles me:

when i select a row in the left layout editor it is not being highlighted on the page.

can’t make a video. but it is clear. no? selecting a row should highlight (blue border or similar) the respective area on the content page.
i am sorry to say it again but the support in the old forum was much qicker and better!
if things don’t improve with pro and the new x i’ll jump ship pretty soon.
best regards, kai

@Rad i just discovered that you did not activate the plugins again! that made my construction site visible to all which was really bad!!! i trusted you when i gave you the credentials!!!

Hi there,

I did disable them for testing, but while testing, your site became inaccessible on my end. The only thing I can see in my browser display is ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error. It’s in my previous reply. I also took the liberty to do that since based on the URL, it’s the staging site.

I’m in the middle to testing and not finished yet, but if you like, you may create another staging where I can continue testing while plugins are disabled. About the editor, I thought you’re having editor issue per previous replies, please ignore it.

As for performance, I temporary deactivated Pro theme (which disabled cornerstone too) from the previous test and it still slow, navigating in admin is a bit slow at least on my end. Plus, it’s not slow in my installations having cornerstone, the same plugin and files. As for the UI, I’ll add them to our issue tracker as feature requests.

Thanks!

I am ready to scrap the entire template. It used to be great now it’s so screwed up I am going to move to Avada or something else. I’ve used this template since 2016 and all of a sudden nothing makes sense. I can’t even get a parallax image to work correctly and keep it inside of a section. If I add a section below it then the image expands and covers that as well.

I am so disappointed, I am in the process of starting a new website design and marketing company. I owned one for a decade and had 70 steady clients. I hoped I would have a theme flexible and easy enough that I could build client sites but, I can’t even get my own site done.

I am finished!

I wasted 2 days trying to get this to work and it’s still messed up.

I am going to Theme Forest and changing my 5 star rating as well.

You all really messed up a good thing.

1 Like

@SouthernDesignWorx sadly enough that sums up my experiences, too. I wasted over a week with pro by now and there is no end in sight. i used the pre v2/pro theme for 2 years and was very happy with it. but now things just don’t work anymore. it is a mess and i am preparing for divi…

hi @Rad, yes you disabled them and that was ok. but you could have logged back in with wp_admin in the url and turned them on again! it became a staging site by now but was intended to be a new site for a customer… if you are still testing then please please activate the plugins after you are finished. thanks!
is there a way to see if you’re logged in for me? i use the same account to log in when i do my work. maybe i should create an extra account for you?
i never get time out errors when working on the site. the only problem is the very slow loading of cornerstone and the header builder.

Hi @iTurtle,

It was down all the time and I’m not sure how long it will be down until you said it’s up. I’m unable to activate them back, which I think part of your site’s security.

Yes, please create an extra account maybe that’s the reason. Let’s do that before continuing the investigation. I will activate them just as long as I’m allowed and the site doesn’t go down again. There is no reason for me to leave them deactivated especially I’m listing the active plugins before the test.

Thanks.

@Rad that is strange. i was working on the site the whole time! i activated the plugins right away after i noticed they had been deactivated. so no worry. but you should be able to log in anytime. i did not chance any credentials. pls s. secure note for a different user.

Hi there,

I used the credentials and spent so much time on your website to find out why this is happening and it is slow while using the header builder. Using the Network tab of my Google Chrome browser I found out that the start of the loading keeps in the pending mode:

That means the server does not respond and waits for a long period of time to respond, as soon as the response is initiated the rest of the code loads blazing fast.

I double checked the case with my 5 local installations, and 3 other live servers. None of them took that much time in pending mode for a load of the cornerstone endpoint.

I am not sure why this is happening on your server but you will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to investigate. Maybe there is a security measure of some kind that slows down the connection or something else that I am not aware of.

Please kindly check the exact same website in another temporary server. I am not telling you that you need to change the server, I just say test the case please with another server and compare them. As you mentioned I am sure that your server is fast enough, but it is not a matter of the server being fast, something here is preventing the initial response which my guess it has something to do with a setting or a measure on your server.

Thank you for your understanding.

hi christopher, thanks so much for taking so much time to check the problem out! i am already in contact with the provider but up to now they could not find the reason for the problem. i will contact them again with your information! moving to another server will - i am also very sure of that - solve the loading time problem. i might need to do that anyhow before wasting your and my time on this anymore. thanks again. i appreciate your help a lot! kai

You’re welcome, Kai,

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!