Changelog is useless

I’m trying to figure out whether or not there are any updates to the X Theme. According to the Theme details in my WP dashboard, I have 6.5.6 installed. Yet, when I log into my apex account, I see: Last Updated March 20, 2019
Download 6.5.5.

How did I end up with 6.5.6?

I have Cornerstone 3.5.5

Clicking on the Changelog: I can BARELY read that blue font on black background. There are no dates listed for the UPDATES. When I click on the hamburger menu to see what’s there, I cannot read ANY of the links until I mouseover to see the blue font. As it turns out, none of the links in that section work, at all.

How am I supposed to know when the theme and/or plugin needs to be upgraded?

Hi @Terri10,

I’m sorry about the confusion there. 6.5.6 was a special version that only went to ThemeForest so we could meet their updated standards. All those changes are part of the 7.0.0 release that went live today. This update is only available for new installs, or manual updates for the moment. Usually we wait a day or two to ensure there are no issues that slipped through beta testing before pushing a release to automatic updates.

Thank you for the clarification, Alexander. I honestly had no idea I was purchasing the theme from ThemeForest as I tend to avoid purchasing any of their themes. So. Will the 7.0 upgrade be automatic, or will I see a notice in my website dashboard regarding the availability of the upgrade? Will there also be an upgrade for Cornerstone?

Terri

Hi Terri,

You are exactly correct. At the moment, the update is only available if you go to your dashboard and manually download the latest version of the theme and manually update the theme. You can read more about the manual update by checking the Manual Updates section of this article.

In a week we will make sure that all the possible bug reports are done, after that, we will push the update to the automatic update mode, and you will see the update notice on your WordPress Dashboard.

As you purchased the X theme, you do not need to separately update the Cornerstone manually. As soon as you update the theme either manually or automatically, a message will show that the Cornerstone needs to be updated. Click on the message Cornerstone will be updated automatically.

Thank you.

I haven’t had a chance to get back to this, or to log into my WP dashboard until just now. You must have rolled out a few upgrades since I last posted on this support forum, and I must have missed a few updates in the same short time span.

In my WP dashboard, I see there are updates available for both X theme and Cornerstone.
Cornerstone: I have 3.5.5 installed. New update is 4.0.2
X theme: I have 6.5.6 installed. New update is 7.0.2

Did I miss everything between 3.5.5 and 4.0.2 for Cornerstone, and everything between 6.5.6 and 7.0.2 for the X theme? Or did you just jump from 3.5.5 to 4.0.2, and 6.5.6 to 7.0.2?

It appears that your answer no longer applies since I can update both X and Cornerstone via the WP dashboard.

One more thing. On the Change log, I cannot see/read which bug fixes and changes go to which version. It’s as if you have close-to-black font on a black background. And the blue on black, especially in such small font, is eye-straining. Can you please make the change log easier to read?

Terri

Hi Terri,

There are minor and major updates, minor updates are the one that scales in smaller versions like 6.5.5 to 6.5.6, these are just minor.

While major updates jumps from main version to another like 3 to 4, to 5, and to 6 and so on. So yest, it jumps and you didn’t miss anything.

About the font size and coloring from Changelog, I can see it’s blurry and unreadable on your screenshot. But it’s crisp and readable on my view, perhaps it varies on each device font setting. But yes, it would be awesome to include font scale setting on top cornerstone, and contrast setting too.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
What I meant was that I have not seen any updates between what I’m currently running and what is now available. With all other plugins and themes, I see – and keep up with – each new upgrade. With your theme and plugin, I’m currently running Cornerstone 3.5.5. and would be upgrading to 4.0.2. With the X theme: I have 6.5.6, and would be upgrading to 7.0.2. There were never any notices in my WP dashboard of any available upgrades in between what I have and what is now available.

As for the font size and coloring on the Changelog. The primary problem is the 2 different shades of blue font on black background. It really needs more contrast for those of us who have completely destroyed their vision by spending too many hours working at the computer. :slight_smile:
Terri

Hi Terri,

Thank you for your message. There might be a connection problem between the server that you have the WordPress installed and our server, as you should get an update notice at the top section of your dashboard when a new release is available.

As we had a major release and now in the process of providing smaller releases to fix any lingering issues you might see small version updates at a fast pace. I suggest that you wait to have a complete stable release and it usually takes a week or two.

If you want, you can keep up with the releases. Please check the details here for this cycle:

Also, thank you for your feedback on the Changelog font color. We will add this to our issue tracker.

Cheers.

Thank you, Christopher! That link is VERY useful, and easy to read! ::smiley: I like to keep up with all releases, beyond simply clicking on the Upgrade link.

You’re welcome Terri. Something else worth noting is that WordPress only checks every 12 hours for updates, or when you force it to check from the updates page. This is often responsible for delays between when we push the release out and when you see an update notification.

For whatever reason, I didn’t get any of the update notices between each update. It’s as if the update notices for your theme and Cornerstone were stuck in first gear while all other notices were showing up, and then decided to start showing up. At any rate, I’m going to wait a couple of weeks, as Chris suggested, before I upgrade.

Thank you for all of your assistance! My site is being used as a test pilot of sorts, before I begin to think about using your theme for my client’s sites.

Terri

You are most welcome Terri!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.