Change search result page view in Woocommerce

Hi,

I have a problem in my Woocommerce search result page, the results are displayed in one row each one, which is so big, so my question is how can I change the result page layout in Woocommerce?

Regards,
Mo

Hi Mo,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

Thank you.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
one URL is this :

http://hyperpapa.com/new4/?s=نوشابه

Please notice that the shop is not in English Language, I dont think it make any differences for you, though

Regards,
Mo

Hi There,

Please navigate to X > Theme Options > WooCommerce > SHOP > SHOP COLUMNS > select THREE:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi Thai,

I’ve already done that, but it only works in the shop page, NOT in the search result page,

any other idea on how to fix this?

Regards
Mo

1 Like

I’m also seeking a similar resolution for my website’s search results page.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion. X uses standard search results display only. Template modification is required to achieve a masonry layout. I could give you some guidance but issues that would arise from customizing X and further enhancement would be outside the scope of our support.

Please read the best practices in customizing X here. Now that you understand how to customize X, copy _index.php from framework\views\global to the same folder structure in your child theme.

Open the copied file and go to line 20

and replace it with this code

$condition = true;
  $cols = 3;
  $style = 'masonry';

You could only set up to 4 $cols.

Hope that helps.

Hi,
It didn’t work for me!

an other idea?

I have the same issue across 3 websites using X. Search results looks ok on a phone but crazy big on anything else. :frowning:

Hi,

I can see you have updated cornerstone but forgot to update your theme.

Please note that these two should be updated simultaneously to avoid any incompatibility issues like this.

Kindly update theme and cornerstone to these versions.

Cornerstone 3.0.4
X 6.0.4

Don’t forget to clear plugin cache and browser cache after the update

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I updated both Theme and Cornerstone but nothing happened!

Hi there,

I checked and it’s not implemented, would you mind providing your site’s FTP login credentials? I just like to see how it’s currently implemented.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have found this thread since I have the same requirements about the WooCommerce search page results. I have tried to implement the suggestion above mentioned (adding css code and then modifying the _index.php file). Things didn’t work out, but now I have run in some major problems.
What I get is the results for a split second and then the result page is completely blank. It doesn’t even show the title “search result”. And by the way, I wanted to change the title as well and I have found some info in another thread, but I will do it later.
Anyway, I tried to revert the _index.php file in the /global child-theme folder but I still get a blank page whenever I try to make a search. I can visualize something that could be the image of the product search for a split second and then the page goes blank.
Will you please give me a hand?
The site is in italian, then I suggest to put in the search bar one of the following terms: “camu” “carboidrati”“miele” “tarassaco”…
I send you a secure note with the credentials for sftp and wp-admin.
Thank you very much in advance!

Hi, I logged out the ftp client and wp-admin, relogged-in and now the results are showing up. The thing is that I cannot show the products on the search page on 3 or 4 columns. I changed the code in the _index.php file as suggested, but I still get only 2 columns.
One last question, is there a way to stylize the title of the product description in the search page. With smaller resizing of the browser window the title overlaps outside the box boundaries.
Thank you!

Hi there,

I removed your posted credentials, please do that in your separate thread for security purposes. All private information is only visible between us and thread owners.

I also checked and you have existing customization for search columns, it will conflict with current one as it also defines its own columns. And based on your description, it means it works since it just won’t display longer. Please start a new thread, remove existing customization to give room to the current one, and please provide your login credentials in your own thread while linking back on this thread.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.