Change post format

Hi,

I have few questions about changing hot single post are showing. Where can I change the order of things and how they show. Actually Y have the feature image and on the right of the image the title and after the post content. I need the title align Left and then the feature image with the post content on it right.

Also on the page shoving all post in a certain category, the formatting don’t show (bold, picture, etc. ) I only have ‘raw’ text.

Lastly, how can I change the read more string? I have WPML and 2 languages
I added this in the function.php file in my child theme but no luck.
> function modify_read_more_link() {
> return ’ PLUS D’INFO’;
> }
> add_filter( ‘the_content_more_link’, ‘modify_read_more_link’ );

Also I want it align right.

Thank you

Hi @samueltheriault,

Thanks for reaching out.

If I understand it correctly, do you wish to change the layout of the single-post heading area (featured image, post title, post meta). If yes, would you mind providing the Stack you’re using? Or perhaps, provide the site’s URL that has this post. The layout varies depending on the stack so the answer to your question is specific to that But yes, doable with a bit of CSS :slight_smile

As for the formatting, would you mind clarifying it? The content of a post depending on what you add, it could be just the format you applied. Perhaps a screenshot and detail of what you wish to achieve will help :slight_smile:

As for read-more link, please try adding this code to your child theme’s functions.php

function x_excerpt_string( $more ) {

$stack = x_get_stack();

if ( $stack == 'integrity' ) {
      return ' ... <div><a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'PLUS D\'INFO', '__x__' ) . '</a></div>';
    } else if ( $stack == 'renew' ) {
      return ' ... <a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'PLUS D\'INFO', '__x__' ) . '</a>';
    } else if ( $stack == 'icon' ) {
      return ' ...';
    } else if ( $stack == 'ethos' ) {
      return ' ...';
    }

}
  add_filter( 'excerpt_more', 'x_excerpt_string' );

function x_content_string( $more ) {

return '<a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'PLUS D\'INFO', '__x__' ) . '</a>';

}
  add_filter( 'the_content_more_link', 'x_content_string' );

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m using the Integrity stack. Website here : http://new.studio303.ca

In the page showing single post I would like to have the title align Left above the feature image. I could juste not use a feature image and put it in the post as a image but un this case it is not showing in the preview like for the bold.

The preview without bold : http://new.studio303.ca/category/cours/niveau-professionnel/
The single post where I need the title above the picture : http://new.studio303.ca/musicalite-et-presence-josee-gagnon-mtl/

The read-more change is working. One more question how do I make the English version? I’m using WPML

Thank you

Hi There,

The excerpt will show the raw content only. To enable all the format, please go to Theme Options > Blog > Content > FULL POST CONTENT ON INDEX > switch ON:

Please try adding this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

@media (min-width: 980px){
    .single-post header.entry-header {
        position: absolute;
    }
    .single-post .entry-thumb img {
        margin-top: 50px;
    }
    .single-post .entry-content.content {
        margin-top: 30px;
    }
}

Please use the String translation extension in your WPML plugin: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

HI this is great I fix everything except that raw text in the excerpt issue.

I did switch to On the Full post content on Index but I did not solved it. I’m a bit lost there because It look like it was the problem.

Look like all the formatting is stripped from the post.

Thank you
p.s. I’m more of a Joomla programmer but I have to say I’m really impress by the power and how user friendly your product is. It make me like a bit more WP.

Hello There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

there you go

In this page: http://new.studio303.ca/category/cours/niveau-professionnel/

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information and the url of the page in question. The url you have given is a category page. Please be advised that the blog index and the archive pages such as the url you have sent will always display the excerpts. Though there is an option in the theme, X > Theme Options > Blog > Content > Full Post on Index, “Enable Full Post Content on Index” which will allow the entire contents of your posts to be shown on the post index pages for all stacks. This option is only good for the blog index. The archives such as the url will still display the excerpts.

Excerpts on the other hand is an optional summary or description of a post; in short, a post summary. You can check the codex here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Excerpt

If you want to override the display and display full post in all archive pages instead, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_CONTENT.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Display of the_content() for various entries.
// =============================================================================

$stack                     = x_get_stack();
$is_full_post_content_blog = is_home() && x_get_option( 'x_blog_enable_full_post_content' ) == '1';

?>

<?php

if ( is_singular() || $is_full_post_content_blog ) :
  x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' );
  if ( $stack == 'renew' ) :
    x_get_view( 'renew', '_content', 'post-footer' );
  endif;
else :
  x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' );
endif;

?>

3] Save the file named as _content.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/global/.

You will have to log in to your ftp and browse to the themes folder to be able to upload the file. You will have to create the folder paths since the folder names does not exist in your child theme.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This is excellent it work perfectly.

Thank you so much for the help. I’m impress by the quality and speed if the support.

Have a good day

Thank you for your valuable feedback and glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.