Change position of Featured Image to top of page & fullsize

Hello,

I use Integrity stack with “sidebar left”.

If I upload a Featured Image in Wordpress (not Cornerstone), this image will be displayed in the content section beside my sidebar.

How will the Featured Image displayed fullsize above my content, so that it spans the content and the sidebar?

I already tried this solution but it does not work for me:

Edit: I realized that “content width” in “layout options” was not 100%, so I changed this and the page looks a little bit better.

But: The “Feature Image” is not 100% (.x-main is only 97.5%) and the sidebar is displayed below the content instead of beside the content.

I’m very grateful if you can help me.

Regards,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thank for the credentials. I have checked your setup and you don’t have any post at all. Are you referring to actual page? If yes, it should be added as an image element on the builder.

For post, it’s layout is controlled by a template. It is automatic. We can only edit the content inside the builder, which is the main post content.

For pages, we can set templates. Once we choose a template with sidebar, the sidebar content is automatic. We can access it on Appearance > Widgets. Then the main content area is what we can build on the content builder. Usually with page, since we have full control, we don’t utilize the featured image but rather build it all on the builder.

For example, you can set the page to FULLWIDTH OR NO CONTAINER OR WITH CONTAINER. Add your first section. You can either add the image as background to this section and GAP element or add it direct as image element.

Then to achieve the sidebar look, add another section. This time you may set to have 2 columns. 1/3 + 2/3. Large column, build the content you want. Small column is for your sidebar. Add the widget area element to get the sidebar content

There’s no point on using a page template with sidebar if you will set the content width to 100%. It will push your current sidebar at the bottom.

I would suggest for you to subscribe to our youtube channel for more tips and tricks on using the theme and the builder. It will really help your development.

Hi Lely,

thank you very much for your extensive answer and your help.

My question is about pages, not posts - I’m sorry for my fault.

I changed the page template to Fullwidth and included the image on top and the sidebar widget into the page using the builder as you described it.

Nearly everything works well.

A negative effect of this construction is that when the page is displayed on a smartphone, the “sidebar widget” is displayed first (which is logical, but not wanted) - I would like to display the content first and then the sidebar.

Is that possible?

Can you have a look at my setup, please? You will find the staging URL in the secure note.

Regards,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the credentials but it does not work.

I have an easy trick to resolve that, first is to interchange your left and right columns, that means your sidebar is now in the right and content is on the left (I know that is not what you want :slight_smile:)

Now, inspect your ROW and check the Reverse option.

That should do it, see that trick in action here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi friech,

thanks, but that’s not what I want :slight_smile: I do need the sidebar on the left hand side.

All I need is a layout with a “real” sidebar on the left + content placed right hand side + a fullwidth picture on the top.

I tried some layouts / options but when I set the template to “sidebar left / content right” the picture on top is not displayed fullwidth anymore or the sidebar is displayed first and the contents shifts to the bottom.

I gave you new credentials in the secure note and it would be great if you can have a look at the setup.

Regards,

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Sorry, If I am not clear, I understand that you want a Left Sidebar - Right Content layout. That is what the ROW Reverse option is for. Please watch the video I’ve link above to see it in action.

Thank you for the credentials, I did go ahead and made those changes for you. Please check your page.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi friech,

now I understand - you put the content in the left container and the sidebar in the right container and then switch both containers.

Thank you very much! It’s exactly what I need.

Regards,

Ralph

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.