Change Portfolio show images

I would like to know if the images that die in the portfolio, which currently only shows one and you have to click on the arrows to see the following, if it is possible to see a large one and the others in small below and when clicking on a Show that one.

Thank you

Hi Mauro,

Thank you for writing in, regretfully, that is not possible with Portfolio featured slider out of the box. You could create a Gallery though with the feature you describe by utilizing the Lightbox shortcode.

Thanks,

Good Morning,

I understand then that the options are:

• modify the template shown by the single portfolio

• create the portfolio on pages (not portfolio page)

is that so?

Hey Mauro,

Yes that’s correct, the first method you mentioned requires in depth template changes, if you’re not comfortable with template customization then you may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

The other method is comparatively easy, simply create a custom portfolio gallery with Lightbox feature or you can either use Essential Grid or The Grid plugin to create a portfolio gallery.

Hope this helps!

modify the template shown by the single portfolio

Could you tell me the exact file to modify?

Thank you

Hello Mauro,

You will need to have a child theme because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use it. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, you will need to copy the file wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/{your stack}/content-portfolio.php and upload this file to your child theme’s folder in wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/{your stack}/content-portfolio.php. And please do not forget your modifications into the file as well.

Be sure to {your stack} with the current stack that you are using in your site. You can find it out in X > Theme Options > Stack.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.