Change Not Being Saved in Cornerstone

I am using the Integrity #3 theme. In the Classic Recent Posts section on the Home page, I inspected each of the permalinks and changed the heading. After changing each heading, I click on save at the bottom of the left sidebar. After clicking “save” I could see the changes on the preview screen. However, when I closed the window and came back the changes I made were gone and it looked like before I made the changes. I tried this more than once with the same results.

I would appreciate it if you could point me to where I could find the solution to this problem.
Thank you
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing in, are you working on a localhost? If not, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime please test the following,

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Remove custom Javascript and custom templates (if any).

• Reset your .htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

• Increase your allocated PHP memory limit by adding this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
```

You can add it before the line:

```
/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
```

Cheers!

Hi Billr,

I’ve checked your homepage and I did two tests:

• I edited Classic Recent Posts element and removed featured images and I can see it’s working after saving the page.
  • I added custom CSS code to the content CSS area and I can see it’s working after reloading the page.

However, I noticed that you have added this code to custom CSS content area and this code isn’t a valid CSS code:
class="x-btn" <a href="http://onestopwebsite.website/about-us/">About Us</a>

I’m not sure what do you expect this code to do? could you please let us know how to reproduce the issue you have?

Thanks.

Sorry, I wanted to include screen shots in here but I am unable to copy images to this reply section.
Please use the following steps to reproduce the issue.
Goto wp-admin
Click on pagesall pages
Locate the page: Home — Front Page
Click on: | Edit with Cornerstone
In the “Classic Recent Posts Section” (immediately below the “Classic Callout”) I am trying to change the heading in the image from “Demo: AffiliatedMarketing…” to “Renew: Flat Design”
I right click on this and click Inspect
I find the following code:

Demo: Affiliate Marketing 101 (Self Hosted Video)

April 20, 2018
I change the h3 code to the following and click on Save

Renew: Flat Design

April 20, 2018
I can’t show the screen image but the title (heading) of the original object has now changed from “Demo: AffiliatedMarketing…” to “Renew: Flat Design” I now click the “refresh” icon next to the address bar ( ). The title(heading) has now returned to the same value as before I made, and saved, the change You also asked about the css code. Sorry, I have not yet figured out how to use this. I would do better if I went to the .css file but I want to learn Cornerstone. I have a lot to learn . My bigger priority is to learn how to get the text to move to the left when I inspect an item. Anyway, thank you very much for taking a look at this and for your prompt attention. Bill

Hi
I was not able to past images to the reply area in my last reply. When I converted it to html, I saw the image on the right side of the screen but it looked like the actual image was coming from one of my local directories. can you please confirm that it was coming from one of my local directories and that you would be unable to see it if I continued?
Thanks a lot
Bill

Hello Bill,

You will need to upload the image so that it will be added in your reply. Please find the upload icon.

The classic recent post element will display the title and the feature image of the post items. If in any case, you want to change an image or a title, you will need to change it by editing the post itself. In order to resolve this, I went ahead and edited one of your posts as shown below:

I edited your homepage again and the post title was now being updated.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. This makes perfect sense that I should edit the post. I feel stupid not realizing this.

For the image question, as I mentioned, I tried this but I did not see the image. I saw the html. Based on your comment, I will assume this is how it should be.

Thank you very much for your patience, your very quick response, and for helping me with this.

Bill

Hello Bill,

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.