Change font size without custom code

Please can you advise where the option is to set the font sizes? I want to be able to set default sizes for the headings easily without having to use custom css and also select body text and type in the size it needs to be (i.e. 18px) so I can get the text to show in a number of different sizes across the page.

Hey Kate,

Regretfully, there is no way to set a font size individually for each level of headline elements. The content text font sizes especially the headline font sizes were carefully designed to have the right amount of ratio to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye so it’s not recommended to override that. I’m not sure what the exact ratio was used but to give you an idea, please visit the link below.

You will only need to set the Root Font Sizes and the Content Font Sizes and the theme will handle the font size ratios for you.

Please watch this video at https://youtu.be/hJv8KwVIM0I to see what I mean or for visual guidance.

If you want to have your own font size ratios, you will regretfully need custom CSS.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

The problem I had is that when I changed the theme over my H2 headings in all my blog posts were far too big and a larger font size than the page title - that can’t be right? It certainly wasn’t pleasing to the eye and I shouldn’t really have to override it as the theme should surely be able to handle something so simple?

If it’s not recommended to use code to have default font sizes then please advise how I correct this problem?

Regards,
Kate

Hi Kate,

Could you please try removing your custom CSS rules and re-test this issue further.

If you’re still having issues, pleas provide us with an example post URL along with your WordPress credentials in a secure note to check your setup.

Also make sure to purge your server cache and also clear browser cache before testing.

Thanks!

Hi,

At the moment I have uninstalled X theme as it doesn’t work the way I need it to so can’t provide an example. I had this problem before I put in the custom code (this was why I went looking for the function in the first place) though.

I will raise another ticket if I do reinstall the theme.

Regards,
Kate

Hello Kate,

Thanks for updating in!

Sorry if we were not able to help you with your issue. If ever you install again the theme for another project, please check out the typography section in X > Theme Options > Typography. You should be able to set the default font and font size for the root font size, body and contents and the headings for its global settings. Just keep in mind that when you are editing a page or a post, when you add a text element or a headline element, it has it’s own default settings and does not follow the global settings from the theme options. You will have to set the font and the font size for the text and headline element individually. For more details, you can check out responsive typography from this link: https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-x-5-1-0

Best Regards.

Hello RueNel,

Currently I am asking myself the same question discussed here. I definitely understand the usefulness of being able to change every elements font size individually. But in reality designing a website does not work like that. It is more or less creating a bunch of font styles beforehand and then applying them as soon as you are inserting content.

The approach of X makes it really hard to change the design afterwards or making different decisions in the design process. I would really really appreciate it when we could use the Font Manager to set some font styles and use them on pages and posts in a future update. When I want to change the font size for example, I would not need to change it for every individual element but make very quick changes or design decisions even if the content is already put in there. In my opinion this would make X and Pro more future proof. Making something like global blocks shows me that this type of feature Is something you can do. Unfortunately global blocks does not work as something where I can change the content.

Hey Raphael,

You actually could do that in X and Pro right now. With the Font Manager, you can setup a font family initially and if you later decide you want to change the font family, you can change it right in the Font Manager and all the text you’ve assigned the font to will change globally.

I’d really recommend that you watch this video at https://youtu.be/JsYuOo7gcho so you see what the Font Manager does. It only deals with Font Family though. For the Font Size, I’ve discussed it in my previous reply in this thread. It’s also in video form because I believe a visual demo is better.

There might be a clear and concise information about how Typography works in X and Pro themes in the future but that is all I could give for now.

I’ll also submit a feature request so maybe the font size can be added in the Font Manager if there’s a way in the future. For now, you will need to use custom CSS.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.