Change featured image caption text?

Is it possible to change the text on a featured image - not the styling, the text itself, so that it is different to the page title? Please see here:

For example, if I wanted to change the overlaid text that says “Events” to “Welcome” or something else, without changing the title of the page itself. Is it possible?

Many thanks for your help!

Hello Michael,

Thanks for posting in! It seems that you are using a custom code that displays the image and the page title. You may need to modify your custom to change it to display from Events or the page title to something else. I am sure how it has been coded though. I would love to check out how you have done it and maybe I can help you give some insights on how you may be able to accomplish the changes that you want.

Regards.

@RueNel I started by using Ben Ryan’s full width parallax mod (for posts) described here:

https://benryan.com.au/themeco-full-width-parallax-featured-image/

And then you yourself kindly helped me create a page template along similar lines here:

There is some custom css applied to style the caption and background image, as described in the above links.

Thanks for your help with this.

Hey Michael,

It’s technically possible using the CSS Content Property. You can learn that from here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_gen_content.asp

Applied to your site, the CSS would look like this.

.featured-image .caption h1 {
    color: transparent !important;
}
.featured-image .caption h1:before {
    content: 'Welcome';
    color: white;
}

Please just note that this is not a part of our theme nor is part of our product support. What I showed is only a guide to help you get started. We will not support the code given nor any other custom code in general. If you encounter issues with the code or need additional tweaking, please hire a developer.

Thanks.

Thank you @christian_y, this works perfectly!

I knew it had to be the Content property but I didn’t know how to apply it correctly :slight_smile:

Thanks again, you guys are fantastic!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.