Change domain - fault

URL: neetra.com
Product: X

Hello guys,
happy 2018!
I have a little troubles with my web site. I licensed the product for neetra.org but now I have changed the server and domain in neetra.com for migration.
Everything seems work properly but I’m not able to lunch cornestone. The windows is in wait mode always…
I have changed the address in Account form in theme.co
Pls, can you help me?
best regards,
Francesco

Hey Francesco,

Please copy your license to your site and activate it. The license is unlikely to cause Cornerstone issues though because it is mainly for software updates.

Your issue most likely came from incorrect migration. Did you follow our migration guide? Please tell us how you migrated your site to give us an idea how you arrived to the issue.

Thanks.

tnx Christian,
I have simple moved every file in different domain…
:slight_smile:
Francesco

regarding DB, I have copied and past it with phpadmin mysql front panel…
So, no any plugin used.
Francesco

Hi Farncesco,

That will not work, you will need to change all old urls with new ones including all serialized data in the databse.

Please do the migration again using a plugin that can handle serialize data.

or

Thanks

I have follow your advice and I have used all-in-one-wp-migration.
I have register X theme again with new domain.
Everything work properly but not cornestone. But I have not any warning or error meassage. Juyst only cornestor doesn’t run and the window wait to start with progressive bar…
Pls, do you have any idea to suggest me?
Tnx,
Francesco

Hi There,

Please disable your Cornerstone plugin and then delete it from your Plugins section. Then head over to X -> Overview area and wait for few seconds to install it automatically.

If you’re still having any issues, enable your WP_DEBUG mode by editing the wp-config.php file and test your site.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Hope that helps.

I have tried to delete Corneston but no success.

I write the define row in wp-config file but I dont see anything.

What can i do to find the issue?

Tnx,
francesco

Please do the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure everything is up to date.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you have customizations, please remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If doing all of that still doesn’t fix the issue, please give us WP admin and and cPanel access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Done. Ok tnx, now I can use Cornestone again.
I think the problem was the cache…
Tnx and have a nice 2018!
Francesco

Thank you, Francesco and you too!

Hi There,

I kinda have the same question but a different scenario, hope you can give me some advice. I currently have a running website with x-theme, designed in Cornerstone. Only now my client wants to change the domain name. Is there an easy way to just transfer the current site to this new domain name? I would be a bummer if I would have to start building from scratch again. Love to hear your reply!

Best regards,

Annemarie

Hi Annemarie,

It is not necesarry to start from scratch if you have a new domain name. All you have to do is to make sure that the links in the entire site is update to the new domain name. There are some plugins that can do this like the Better Search Replace plugins where you can search for a text and then replace it with a new text and this will take effect in the entire site.

But please note that the domain name in the hosting side is update first before you update anything.

Thank you for your quick reply! I’ll update the links.

You’re welcome.

Please make sure to keep a backup of the entire site before changing anything just in case you’ll need it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.