Change color of area around Comment Section

I have an image for my background but it makes the text in the comment section impossible to read - How can I change just the color of the area Around the Comment Section so that my readers can select options for their comments? I posted some time ago and never got an answer. You can see here:

Hi there,

You can add a background color around the comment section by adding the CSS code below to X > Launch > Options > CSS:

.x-comments-area {
    background-color: #ff00ff;
    padding: 15px;
}

Feel free to change #ff00ff to whatever color code you like.

I also strongly recommend that you backup your website completely and update the theme to version 5.2.5 and Cornerstone to version 2.1.7

Thank you.

Hi I did a full backup, updated the theme and cornerstone, and made this change and it didn’t work

I also tried putting !important in and it still didn’t work

Secondly, I am trying to remove the tags and I also cannot get that to work via the recommendations on your support.

Hi There,

Where did you place the given CSS code? I don’t see it anywhere in your page source. You should get this result when added to Page CSS or Theme Options > CSS.

To hide the tags from your posts, please add this to Theme Options > CSS

.entry-footer.cf {
	display: none;
}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi I put it in and updated it and it didn’t work for the full area - and only for the WP comment one (if you see the area above that says “Use Your Words” I want to include that as well or I will have to let go of that plugin tool as you can’t see it.

Thank you the tags one worked :smiley:

Hi there,

Now I see what you mean. Please consider that the first CSS code which we suggested is the part which our theme generates. The section you are talking about is generated from a 3rd party plugin.

You will need to remove the previously suggested code for the comments area and add this code instead:

.heateor_sc_social_comments {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    padding: 15px;
}

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Thank you! It worked :slight_smile: I have one more question but I will start a new topic thx!! X

Glad it worked :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.