Change breadcrumb home logo to text

Hi,

the homelink in the breadcrumbs is a image of a house. I would like to change this to text.

How can i do that?

Thanks

Hi,

To achieve that, You can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file located at wp-content/themes/x-child

/* Change Home Icon to Text */
function x_breadcrumbs() {
    $args_items = array(
        'item_before'      => '',
        'item_after'       => '',
        'label_before'     => '',
        'label_after'      => '',
        'delimiter_before' => ' <span class="delimiter">',
        'delimiter_after'  => '</span> ',
        'delimiter_ltr'    => '<i class="x-icon-angle-right" data-x-icon-s="&#xf105;"></i>',
        'delimiter_rtl'    => '<i class="x-icon-angle-left" data-x-icon-s="&#xf104;"></i>',
        'current_class'    => 'current',
        'anchor_atts'      => array(),
        'include_meta'     => false,
        );
    $args_data = array(
        'home_label' => '<span class="home">Home</span>',
    );
    if ( x_get_option( 'x_breadcrumb_display' ) ) {
        echo '<div class="x-breadcrumbs">' . x_breadcrumbs_items( x_breadcrumbs_data( $args_data ), $args_items ) . '</div>';
    }
}

function x_get_breadcrumb_home_text() {
    return '<span class="home">Home</span>';
}

Please add this code after this line

// Additional Functions
// =============================================================================

Hope that helps

my child theme functions.php looks like this

<?php add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_theme_enqueue_styles' ); function my_theme_enqueue_styles() { wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' ); } ?>

When i add your code a couple rows underneed and refresh, the code shows up on the top of my website in the backend and front end.

breadcrumbs did not change.

Thanks

Hi There @me9

You need to download X child theme from your Themeco dashboard and setup it correctly before adding any changes to the child theme. Please refer to our child theme setup guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Make sure to activate your child theme before testing.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.