Category description fix?

Hi everyone,
I’ve spent a couple of hours searching through the KB, youtube and google and I can’t find the answer.

I have X Pro and I am just trying to include the category description on the category page, so that when someone clicks on the category, a page shows up with the description of the category and the archived posts linked to that category. It seems like something so simple, but is almost impossible.

So far I have installed a plug in (Enhanced Category Pages), but that doesn’t work.

I’ve created a child theme and edited the functions.php to include:

function show_category_description() {
if( is_single() ){
$catID = get_the_category();
$description = category_description( $catID[0] );
echo “

$description

” ;
}
}

add_action( ‘x_after_masthead_end’, ‘show_category_description’ );

I am very new to website building and CSS and this is all way beyond me. I feel like there should be an easy solution but every support post I’ve seen has a staff member saying that it would require developmental support to change. That seems absurd.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I am switching my blog to X and am facing the same thing. I have categories in my main menu, so it would sure be nice if the category name would be the title and not the words “category archive”. If I find a solution I will also post it here.

Got it! At least for my issue, if yours is exactly the same, the solution is too simple :upside_down_face:
I filled out the “Archive Title” fields of my categories in the categories section of the regular WP dashboards (posts > categories) and that’s what shows up now!

x Marlies

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.