Cart not updating

Hi Support,

My site (www.crimsonphoenix.co.uk) is having an issue with the cart not updating. When a product is added to the cart it appears in the side-menu as in the cart. If you click on the basket or go to checkout, the product disappears and the cart empty message appears. I thought that the most recent update of X (5.1.1) would resolve the issue, but it doesn’t seem to have done that.

I have purged the server cache and browser cache to no avail and have been looking for a plugin conflict, though I haven’t been able to find one as of yet. I believe it might be a theme issue as the cart page updates when I switched to another theme. I would be grateful for any assistance you can provide.

Many thanks,

Ellana

Hi Ellana,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please also make sure that you have the following versions.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. I have deactivated all the plugins and purged the caches, still no luck. All versions of X, Cornerstone and Extensions are up-to-date. I’m utilising the child theme of X, could this be causing the issue? Alternatively could I replace the cart file manually?

Many thanks,

Ellana

Hello Ellana,

I am another staff checking on this thread. I have tested your site and I could not replicate the issue. All the products I added to cart is still present when viewing the cart page. Please check out my screenshot: http://prntscr.com/gd8656

I would recommend that you clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello Rue,

It turns out that the issue was the server-side caching - it has now been resolved. Thanks for your help though.

Kind regards,

Ellana

Glad we could help and thank you for letting us know the solution.

Cheers!