Carousel Post Disappear

Hi to all,
I would like to ask for help since my carousel post suddenly disappear today. It is turn on, set to random and set to 6 posts per page.

Thank you.

Hey Joselito,

Regretfully, we could not provide a specific answer based on the info you posted. As suggested in our How to Get Support article, giving us more details would be helpful for speedy resolution. Can you remember what your site activity before this issue happened? Please check or do the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If nothing helps, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note. But, please ensure you checked all of the list items above first.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I will try first all your suggestions and will get back to you as soon as I finished everything. Thanks a lot.

Hey There,

Sure thing. We will standing by ready for any assistance. By the way, please make sure that you are updated to the latest versions. Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.1.3
  • Cornerstone 3.1.3

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,

Thank you for your response. Everything seems fine to me except that I’m not a techie guy. Could please help me how to determine the latest versions and how to update the X theme and cornerstone? I also don’t know how to clear cache and those you mentioned above. Could you please help me? Thank you so much.

Hi @jqtroy,

For now, please deactivate and delete your current cornerstone. Then validate your site and update your theme, and so it installs the correct version of the cornerstone. Then lastly, update your cornerstone.

You can update them in Admin > Dashboard > Updates once you validate your site.

You can determine the version by going to Admin > Appearance > Themes and Admin > Plugins and check their details :slight_smile:

As for the cache, it’s using Endurance cache so please contact your hosting provider or their documentation of how you can manage your caches. If you can see it under Admin > Settings > General, then you can simply turn it off there.

Thanks!

Hi to all,

My carousel posts may seem to be appearing again after I followed your advise to deactivate and delete my cornerstone. My site is updated is updated to the latest versions of X theme 6.1.3. The problem now is that it resorted back to my previous concerns about my featured image extending to the boundary or borderline of my article. This problem was actually solved in the past by Christian_y. But, as far as i remember i did not touch the code he sent to me after fixing the featured image in the center and not touching the headline or post title. Do you think the code must be updated too since the latest version of x was updated?

Hi There,

If you have added any modifications to your Child Theme, Theme Options > Global CSS or Page’s custom CSS area, it should remain after updating your site.

Try clearing Style Cache by head over to X -> Settings system area. Also you need to purge your server cache if you’re using a caching plugin.

For further assistance, we will require your site URL along with your WordPress credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you provide us a screenshot on how it looks in your end.

I checked and it seems to look fine.

Home page

Singe post page

Try to clear your plugin cache and browser cache then check again.

We have also just release another update that has bug fixes, please update your theme and cornerstone to X 6.1.4, Cornerstone 3.1.4

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Wow it works for you. Why is it that the screenshot in your pc is working fine? The image is centered without overlapping the headline or title? While, in my pc the image overlaps the border and the image partially hides the headline title?

Kindly show me how to clear my plugin cache and browser cache.

Thank you for your patience.

Hey There,

I’m another staff and I can confirm the single post is working fine:

There is a purge cache button in your Wordpress dashboard:

Did you try clicking on it yet? Also try checking your website in the incognito / private mode.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi thai,

Thanks for your reply. Yes its working fine now. I guess my site or pc speed is slow to react for whatever updates I made. Even if I clear my browser cache it is slow tor react and took me some hours before I saw the updates. This always happened every time I already ask support here in the forum. Like when I reported to you that my my single post headline overlaps the image and the image itself is not centered and touch the article width boundary. Again thank you so much for all your help.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.