Carousel on Icon Stack

Hi There,

We are heavily invested in the Icon stack but need a post carousel - just like the one Ethos has. 
How do you recommend we add that? 

Thank you!

Hi @wiredpinecone,

Regretfully, adding it to icon stack will require some custom coding which is outside the scope of support that we offer.

You can try revslider carousel and add it using Slider above Masthead

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/create-logo-carousel-using-revolution-slider/

Hope that helps

So I’ve been trying to add the Rev Slider Goodnews Archive Slider.

The demo for that is 1000% misleading.
It looks like a simple post slider, but no. Each different image is separately and manually configured and the titles must be manually added to each “Post”. Or rather each picture and image must be separately built and then linked to the post.

That is not a post slider.

So then I tried creating a post slider using ONLY the thumbnails, but of course when you click on them you can’t get to the post.

It shouldn’t be this complicated and these misleading demos only add time and frustration.
I’ll try the route you suggest, but in all honesty I wouldn’t use Revolution Slider ever again if I could use other things to get similar features.

Oh dear, it looks like the logo slider also needs to have each slide manually configured.

What I’m looking for is a carousel post slider that automatically adds new posts when new posts are published that qualify to be included in the slider. It looks like the slider on Ethos does that, but I could be wrong.

It looks like I’ll have to try my luck with the wordpress.org repo unless you are able to help me with all the fancy software I’ve actually purchased from Themeco…?

Hi @wiredpinecone,

You can try with this carousel plugin:

Here is the demo:

Hoope it helps :slight_smile:

thanks @thai!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Thai were able to help you out.

Hi, I asked this in another thread, but I’ll ask it here too:

My Essential Grid itself is showing up just fine after I set the image aspect ratio.

However, when I use the post carousel (link above from @thai) to display it, these settings do not transfer.
I need the post carousel to use the same aspect ratio as I’ve already configured on Essential Grid.

Hello Jenny,

Please understand that the Post Carousel plugin is a 3rd party plugin with no connection to the theme or Essential Grid plugin. This is why your essential grid settings does not affect the Post Carousel plugin. It has it’s own settings which you will need to use.

@Thai suggested the Post Carousel plugin as an alternative to the Post Carousel in Ethos stack. This plugin may not have the same structure by the way.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Can you tell me if this plugin is compatible with the X theme?

It’s 1/3 of the price. $39 to get just one feature - uniform image size - seems really, really silly, especially when we’ve already paid for both the X theme and the Essential Grid and also Revolution Slider, when between the three of them, there is no option for a simple post carousel.

Hi Jenny,

I tested that plugin, and yes it is compatible with Pro theme. You don’t need to purchase the plugin the free version will do, just enable the Enable Image Resizing & Cropping option and it will have the same size of images.

And under the Style Settings hide Post Title Hide, Post Content Hide, Author Name, Date, Category, and Read More.

It’s not exactly the same as the Ethos carousel, but that is the closest thing to it.

Thanks,

Thanks @friech! Because we want to display by category we’ll need the pro version of that plugin, but thanks for your testing!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.