Can't Validate X Pro

I have just updated my website to a) X Pro from X the latest version of WordPress (5.0.3). However, after placing the validation code from X Pro Licenses area, I get the notification that the site has been validated, but then, after a few moments, the site (within WordPress) says the site is NOT validated.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please let me know when possible, and thanks in advance for your response.

Hi,

Try to unassign your site from your license page and add it back again.
After that, validate your site again by adding your purchase code.

If that doesn’t help, plesae provide us the following Info in Secure Note

• Wordress login URL
  • Username
  • Password
  • Purchase code

Hope that helps

Summary

Here’s the details.

H,

I tried to revalidate it but it doesn’t seem to work.

Please contact your hosting provider and let them check the following

• Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
  • Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
  • Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
  • Check into the error message above.

Plesae refer to the link below for more information

Hope that helps

Ok thanks! I’ll check with them to see about correcting the issues, and will keep you posted.

Hi There @UnhinderedC

Upon testing, I see that your site is validating when entering the purchase key, but it’s getting back to non-validated state.

Could you please try installing the latest version of Pro theme and see if that resolves your issue. You can simply switch to default WordPress theme, then delete your current Pro theme, download the latest version of Pro theme from your Themeco account and then re-install it through your Appearance -> Themes section.

All of your current settings will be saved in the database, so that you can safely delete your current theme. Try validating your site after re-installing your Pro theme.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Ok very good. Thanks for the response. About to do so now.

UPDATE: How do I delete the current theme? Is that done in the server only? I saw no way of doing this in WordPress.

Hi there,

You may login through FTP then go to wp-content/themes then you can delete the theme from there and also reupload a fresh copy of the theme.

Hope this helps.

Ok, I figured that part out. Even after a) switching to the 2019 WordPress theme, b) deleting both the X and X Pro Themes from the server, then c) downloading and reinstalling the latest version of the X Pro Theme from your site, I still can’t validate the Theme.

One small thing I have noticed is there is one “Comment” in WordPress that I cannot delete for the life of me… I am going through all my pages via the “Edit” button to turn off the Comments in all the pages, but still can’t find this mysterious comment in the site. Even in the regular Comments area, and in the Pending Comments, I can’t find it. I’ve even looked to “Check for Spam,” and it still doesn’t show up. Interestingly: The only page that had the “Comments” enabled was on the Sample Page, which I deleted.

Also, in the Settings/Sharing, then within the Publicize area, I deleted my connections to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and still no success. I have even placed both License Codes from my account into the Validation area, and it’s still not validating…

Yet, I can still edit all pages; I can’t, however, create or assign any new Headers or Footers to pages, as the Theme keeps saying that it’s “Unable to create new Header” (which is honestly my only hangup on the site).

I honestly don’t know what else to do except to disable the menus altogether, and create a “makeshift” menu in the pages… Please advise, as I really am at an “end” with this validation issue.

Also, another interesting point: I can’t insert any new pictures (PNG or JPEGs) into WordPress. All images are sized down for web uploading (under .3 MB sizes), but still no success.

It looks like this isn’t a problem with the X Theme or with my hosting provider; it must be with WordPress. Is anyone having a problem with WordPress 5.0.3?

Hey @UnhinderedC,

The issues you have described aren’t caused by the theme or any of our products for that matter because they have no control over caching or how data is process in your server.

The usual cause of this is caching. You should contact your web host if they have an internal caching system and ask them to clear all caches. The issue is similar to this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/license-not-validating/49921/17

I’m sorry but we could not help in this matter because the cause of the issue is out of our control.

You might want to post in our Peer to Peer Forum to see if other users have experienced a similar issue with their host.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.