Cant upload pro theme

I downloaded the pro theme zip file today.
Trying to upload theme file.
returning error :
might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED

Hi @amitd,

That error sounds a bit server related. Does the host have a high enough PHP max post size and post timeout?

Can you please try adding the following code at the end of .htaccess file locates in your root directory?

php_value upload_max_filesize 128M php_value post_max_size 128M php_value max_execution_time 300 php_value max_input_time 300

For more information, please take a look at this:

If it still doesn’t work, please provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

I am using google cloud platform for hosting.
I have no idea where is the .htaccess file. Let me search it.

Hi @amitd,

You might want to try to install the theme manually through FTP. Please login through FTP then go to wp-content/themes then upload the unzip Pro install file there.

Log back in to the admin area and enable Pro.

Hope this helps.

I updated php.ini file as per above data, but still no success.
(reference - https://www.onepagezen.com/increase-file-upload-size-wordpress-google-cloud/)

So , I think i need to try through FTP way.

Thanks

Finally done. Used FTP method.
Using google cloud is not so easy :slight_smile:
Thank you

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Can I switch back to X theme? with valid license and all plugins?
I upgraded to Pro and finding it difficult to build website.
I am making a simple blog site for which i dont need pro version.
Thank you.

Hi @amitd,

I don’t think you need to switch back to X theme, as X and PRO works just the same, its just the PRO has the Header and Footer builder.

Is that the site you’re working on below? It seems you successfully installed the PRO theme, but it’s not up to date, please update your PRO to the latest version.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Thanks,

yeah, i think i will get hold of pro, working on it.
building www.letssgo.com

Glad to hear that, please let us know if you have issues setting up standard header and footer on Pro. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.