Can't Update Slider Revolution

Hi there,

I went on our site litculture.com and there was shortcode displaying at the top where our slider was supposed to be. I went in to check what was wrong and Slider Revolution appears to have randomly been removed from our site.

I tried adding it back but have been receiving the following messages.

Hi there,

Please login through FTP and go to wp-content/plugins then rename the current revslider directory that is in there.

Go back to the admin area and reinstall Revolution Slider.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

I just went in and changed the directory name and I’m still running in to the same issue

Hi There,

Try to completely delete that revslider folder. Then navigate to Pro > Validation > Extension and reinstall it.

If that does not work still, please provide us login credentials (wp-admin and FTP) in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Hi Friech,

Just deleted the folder and still having the same issue, providing credentials in a secure note now

Hello @restoreiwc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm FTP credentials as I am getting following error message?

Error:        	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:        	Could not connect to server

Along with that, please share WordPress admin details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Just updated the secure note with WP Admin credentials and another host name to try.

Hello @restoreiwc,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm the admin login details, I got the website URl from your profile and used the details you have shared but it’s not working out. I am sharing the URL in secure note.

Thanks.

Just updated w/ login URL

Hi @restoreiwc,

I think I know what’s happening, your site is hosted on Godaddy and I can confirm that through the domain’s nameservers. But your FTP is with WPEngine, deleting it from that FTP will have no effect on the site hosted on Godaddy. Please try deleting the Revslider plugin through Godaddy’s FTP instead. Then install Revslider again and make sure not to navigate away while it still installing, as installation may take a while.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

WOrking on getting that info from GoDaddy so I can try deleting the folder.

In the meantime I added a classic slider to try and mimic the way the rev slider was showing. Is there anyway I can remove the white space around the slider images?

http://litculture.com/

Hello There,

To remove the spaces around the classic slider, please remove the container.

And the result would be: http://prntscr.com/krwu0s

Hope this helps.

This worked, thank you!!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.