Can't update site through Cornerstone after update, need help quick!

Hi,

I just updated to 5.2.2, when I try to edit a page with Cornerstone, I get a popup that says “a conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading”. I click on the try again button, and then I get spinning circles that never load. I need to figure this out quick, I make stock market updates daily and I’m frozen. I don’t know how to do anything technical, which is why I use Cornerstone. I called my host and they said all caching is turned off. I also cleared my browser’s cache and de-activated all plug-ins - no dice. Site info attached, Please help, thanks!

Ryan

Same problem on my end, and I see a few other threads with similar issues.

Hopefully we get a bugfix soon… Completely paralyzed.

Hi there,

I checked your website and found this error while the Cornerstone tries to load:

This might be caused by several reasons, but the list of possible cases are as follows:

• Contact your hosting service provider and ask them to remove the URL given in the Secure Note and all sub-links of that URL from their mod_security rules.

• Deactivate all plugins except Cornerstone and see if it fixes the issue. If yes you need to activate the plugins one by one to find out the one causing the issue.

• You are using a series of X related plugins which are deprecated. Please kindly update them to the latest versions.

• You do not have any cache plugin on your installation but it worths to check with your hosting service provider and ask them to clear any kind of cache that they might have on their side.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Kindly open up a new thread and give us your WordPress dashboard credentials there using the Secure Note functionality of the post, to follow up the case for your environment.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I created a thread with all of that information two days ago, but nobody ever replied. I ended up rolling back to Pro 1.1 so that I could get some work done.

Hopefully, you guys can roll out an update soon because there seem to be quite a few people with similar issues

I can roll back but the theme update fixed caching issues I had with revolution slider from CDN. I didnt know the theme caused it but it got fixed in the last update. It wasnt a big issue. I can roll back to the old versions but I am happy it fixed the above. My problem now is that I cant do any work with cornerstone until the issue I raised over a week ago gets fixed (a different issue).

Hi Christopher,

• I contacted my host, asked him again to clear any cache, to increase PHP memory limit, and to remove our URL from their mod_security rules. He said this: " checked our system logs for ModSecurity rules that might have been triggered but was not able to find such. Additionally, the memory limit was increased to 768M by my colleague from the chat team as per your initial request. There does not seem to be any server sided issue". This didn’t fix it.

• I deactivated all plugins except Cornerstone, this didn’t fit it.

• I removed or deactivated all old X-related plugins, this didn’t fix it.

• I cleared cache with host and on my computer, this also didn’t fix it. Please advise, thanks!

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for updating in! You have mentioned that you are using SiteGround. Is your Supercacher active? Could you please clear the site cache in Supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel. For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

By the way, I have checked one of your page and I can use Cornerstone. I even added a section and was able to saved it. Could you please let us know which of the page you have edited and experienced the issue?

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @RueNel, All cache at SiteGround has been turned off, long before this issue arose. I am now able to load Cornerstone on my home computer (using Chrome) but not on my work computer (using Chrome), I still get spinning circles or front end issues. I can’t make sense of how it would work one place and not the other, any ideas on how to solve that one?

Thanks! Ryan

Hi there,

It could be a browser cache from your work, disabling the cache from server side doesn’t disable the cache on the local device. OR, your work network blocks requests (firewall).

Thanks!