Can't start conerstone to edit a global block

Hi
I used to be able to use CS to create and edit global blocks. Now it seems, the CS menu is simply gone, from both tho new block creation screen and edit existing block screens.

For example (new block screen);

Can you please advice as to what could be going on. thanks!

Hi @flashfog,

Thank you for writing in, It looks like your Cornerstone is either not installed or not activated, make sure it is.

Another thing, please ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

And is that your site below? it seems it’s not using X theme.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

HI!
Cornerstone is highly installed. I use it every day!

I am not sure how you think X is not in there; see; https://www.screencast.com/t/EP9Yolf3

Ok,so I will make sure all is up to date now.

THANKS

Hello @flashfog,

If you are using the latest version of the theme, you should create the global block by going to X > Global Blocks.

As what I am seeing, it seems that you are still using the old global block extension. Please deactivate it and use the integrated global block in X > Global Blocks.

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

great thanks. We still the topic pending of why the theme did not autoupdate

Hi @flashfog,

It says in the screenshot that it is available 6.5.5 version, there is nothing to report because it’s already been checked and it still 6.5.5 as the latest :slight_smile:

You’ll have to update it by going to Admin > Dashboard > Update and click update for the theme. The automatic update isn’t going to download it and install it automatically. The automatic update means Wordpress will only automatically install it after you confirm and click the update link/button instead of just manually installing it through FTP or file manager.

Thanks!

it says 6.5.5 is available, and that the installed one is 6.3.8. Isn’t that a discrepancy?

For reference: https://www.screencast.com/t/jueDqZNr

I went ahead and forced the update as instructed. thanks!

Hello @flashfog,

It says that 6.5.5 is available which you can proceed to update by going to Dashboard > Updates.
6.3.8 is the current installed version. Automatic Updates means that you can do the updates right in your WP dashboar. It does update update itself automatically. You still need to hit the Update button which is good because you can perform a backup process if you like before doing any updates.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.